šŸ”· Singxer SA-1

Half a year or so ago, I would not have understood myself.
Maybe ask again next year, I should have a water & buckets explanation that is true-enough by then :neutral_face:

1 Like

itā€™s touching on engineering after all, itā€™s not bunny cakesā€¦ or something, itā€™s engineering!
iā€™ll keep it to my ears for now personally

So far over my head, it might as well be in the clouds. :grin:

One thing did stand out though: An A/B amp is considered a B amp.

1 Like

Yā€™all think the SA-1 would be an appreciable upgrade from an Asgard 3?

initial impressions-

jelly
although i do feel like the v280 resolved a tad better, iā€™m only 10 minutes in, 2 songs

1 Like

i wonder if the dip switch thing to get the alleged even better audio out of it is compatible with a lot of dacs or only a select few, i remember hearing something like- itā€™s a bit of a hazard for your components if they donā€™t match electrically, so iā€™m trying to find singxer right now and see what they think of changing the dip switch on the PCB and matching it for an ARES2

tldr- anyone tried changing the dip switches on the inside? not the beneath ones but the one on the inside that will supposedly make the audio even better

1 Like

so far the singxer has been an absolute delight, very smooth and friendly without dulling the speed delivery over the v280, i say it comparatively amp vice because i donā€™t think that the Aeon Noire is good for judging that by itself so a pinch of salt here, but maybe im being weird about it in thinking a fast headphone would show more of a difference, matching, stuff, voltage requirments, things i donā€™t have knowledge on so i think iā€™ll just stop there

again, i think that the v280 resolved better, which has been my daily amp for several months now, bucket of salt since iā€™ve mainly used a single headphone on both the v280 and the SA-1

1 Like

@m0n

i have reflected a bit and am getting curiuos if any of what iā€™m saying here in the post right above could be agreeable to anyone with actual experience and knowledge on it. may i ask what you think?

and it stacks just about perfectly with an ares2

5 Likes

Now youā€™ve done it, read this I must now! :smiley: Actually, it will be a nice change from the technical stuff I have been reading.

1 Like

are or were you able to thoroughly A-B-test the amps with your OG Focal Clears? Since youā€™ve used the V280 for months, i trust your cute ears quite a bit. And iā€™m currently in the process of ordering a V280 for my Clears. V280 way better? Tonality any different? Happy cat with both?!

i actually have em stored away so i donā€™t know but iā€™ll pull em out and have a listen with it on the SA-1, iā€™ll get back to you after a couple of songs.

i donā€™t believe in a/bā€™ing, if i need to a/b side to side to side in order to be able to pick up on differences i wouldnā€™t otherwise hear i donā€™t think itā€™s worth my time or money, so cheaper stuff appeals to me

iā€™m not a reviewer nor do i have the ear of one so please take what iā€™m about to say with a pinch of salt. my experience is limited and so is the amount of gear i own at any given time and so the experience i would potentially have gained from a/bā€™ing just isnā€™t there i feel like, however i can still tell you about my experience, in a minute

i fear my memory on the Clear with the v280 may actually be a bit too fuzzy as those havenā€™t seen use for many many weeks now so i would rather suggest you try and find someone who is more acquainted with this pairing as well as with the SA-1, as far as the differences goes that iā€™ve noticed between the SA-1 and the v280, i donā€™t believe its a leap to be perfectly honest, if the v280 really was WAY better or even just fairly better than the SA-1 i think i would notice from the first song even though itā€™s been so long.

my feelings right now is that the v280 at least seems to resolve better, i wonder if there are people with a similar experience

if you have got the money to spend i donā€™t see a reason not to just go for the v280 tbh unless you are looking at features maybe, all in all i think both the Singxer SA-1 and the Violectric V280 are smooth and wonderfully pleasant sounding, i actually found them to sound rather similar, iā€™m just not confident enough to throw around buzzwords, you should talk with someone more experienced but i still wanted to express what iā€™ve experienced, no complaints on the Clear running on either amp

1 Like

pretty hap with both the V280 and the Singxer SA-1!

Can you remind me what other amps you have / had? Was low key interested in the SA1 but want to see a comparison with amps Iā€™ve heard first

1 Like

ive only had two before them, the 789 and an odac :cat:

Thanks. How does SA1 compare to 789? :tiger2:

1 Like

oh actually, i had an RME adi 2 for a long long while as well, anyhow!

both the SA-1 and the V280 removes the edgynes/peakyness you would hear with a 789, these two amps also has more body, they also widen things quite a bit as well compared to the 789.

the 789 never gave me a musical vibe, things just seemed to lose control on it or give a feeling that the headphone elements were being overworked, i think the more technical the headphone you plug into it the worse it is, when i had it i had hd58x, clear, aeolus and the arya and the clear was by far the most technical but also played the worst on it, the aeolus and 58x played nice on it which are inherently not performing technically relative.

i donā€™t think that the 789 is bad per se, i just feel like itā€™s more tricky to find a synergy with, the Singxer SA-1 and V280 on the other hand i have had no trouble getting synergy with togheter with any of my headphones on these

1 Like

Thanks! I have pretty bad impressions with 789 except when paired with planars

1 Like

generalising a bit i think that if we take 400usd headphones and below, that it wouldnā€™t be such a problem because they would resolve less anyway because im starting to think that thats where things go wrong on the 789