Singxer SU-2 DDC

I have picked up the su-2 and can compare with the douk u2 pro with the 3x txco acquired from eBay seller. Impressions between the original douk u2 pro to the 3x txco was better harmonics in general.

Impressions after only about 40hours burn in for the su-2 coming from the u2p w 3x txco is better separation and better harmonics. The u2p seems to be a little gritty compared to the su-2 when it comes to some harmonies that ought to be silky smooth.

There’s slightly better deep low end from the su-2.

Overall pretty pleased with the purchase.

6 Likes

My SU-2 is connected to my Topping D90 MQA via the I2S ports. The problem is I cannot pass DSD native signal through. The DSD light will be lite but no sound. I understand I am supposed to set the switches on the bottom. But I cannot find the proper settings for connection to the D90 anywhere (so far). Can someone on the forum help, if anyone is using a Topping D90, that is? Thanks in advance.

Page 4:

Not the clearest, but it will help you identify which switches to flip.

Thanks. I have downloaded that before but the handbook does not show the settings for the D90. That are many permutations because of so many switches. What should I do to start experimenting?

And some forums talk about working with the settings of the D90. Wow. Way too complicated for my wee brain.

I looked up the D90’s I2S pinouts in hopes it would provide a clue as to how to set the SU-2’s switches to match the DAC output. No such luck. There doesn’t even seem to be a direct correlation between the two. This is for the D90 LE, btw.

Seems pretty friggin confusing to me, which is why I would probably not bother with it myself. Maybe one day there will actually be a standard.

Hello,

From the Holo read on the Head fi forum I learned that the Ps Audio is a common circuit for “foreign dacs” that do not appear in the list.

The manual is really not helpful.
The settings that are listed are for the ones that were around when the word DDC was still foreign to the scene.

Try the Ps Audio settings, I’d be interested to see if it works.

1 Like

I would like to thank you all for your input. I have now received instructions from Singxer directly. For the SU-2 and SU-6, both switches 3 and 7 are to be turned on. Just like the Gustard listed on the table of the Handbook. I can now play my DSD native files through the SU-2 connected to the D90. I suspect this setting may be applicable to all ChiFi DACs. That is only my speculation.

I have however noticed another issue. It seems the DSD512 native file I have contains quite a bit of hiss. I am not sure if the original file contains this problem in the first place. But the hiss is louder playing through the SU-2 connected using the I2S port versus playing it directly to the D90 vis USB. Not sure why.

1 Like