Sivga Phoenix with Hart Audio cables?

Has anyone tried the HC-7 cable with the sivga Phoenix? just wanna make sure im not being a dumbass and missing something ordering (happen to a different headphone) the wrong cable :slight_smile:

Yes I use HC-7 for my Phoenix. No problems.

3 Likes

@Naturallymorbid I use the same as well. HC-7 works like a champ.

3 Likes

Thanks guys

2 Likes

A little late to the party but, I can add another positive testimonial. I use the HC-7 / IC-1 with my Phoenix.

Screenshot 2020-11-10 122648 - Copy

1 Like

That’s one of the understated things about the Hart system. Any of their cables will work with any of the interconnects. With the exception of one of two. I think there is an unbalanced cable that you have to be careful with the interconnect you use but it’s like one or two.

Balanced cable to single ended interconnect is fine it just obviates the need for the balanced cable. But if that’s what you need it’ll work.

2 Likes

I actually was planning on running them balanced on my IFI zen Can via with the 4.4, really intersted how IFI’s bass boost/ 3d would sound on them - and of course i wanted to add them to my collection (My phoenix are still en route)

1 Like

The Zen Can is actually my main amp as well funnily enough. Works fine. Hit me up if you want to talk about it.

Yes, I ordered the IC-6: 4.4mm TRRRS too, after picking up a ZenDac - The IC-6 is not due to be here until Thursday. I’m looking forward to listening to the Phoenix via the ZenDac balanced out and I will try my Elegia out too. I mainly got the ZenDac though, to use as DAC only and enabling the truebass and then pumping that into that Asgard 3 > Elegia.

RE: the Phoenix - it will be interesting to compare Moodius > Asagard 3 > Phoenix to ZenDac > Balanced > Phoenix.

I assumed it worked fine (since its a kickass amp), but i’d love if you shared your thoughs on the bass boost/3d effect on them

I actually have both the zen dac and the zen can (the standalone amp), so im gonna mess around with it a lot :smiley:

1 Like

The TrueBass is nice using the ZenDac alone as dac/amp combo, and as the ZenDac as a dac feeding another HP amp or speaker amp/powered speakers. On the phoenix just using the ZenDac SE out and truebass - it was a little much and I thought it sounded better without, actually YMMV. But I tried it with a set of HE4XX (SE) and there the truebass was a nice compliment. So it will come down to synergy of gears.

1 Like

So Ill give more details a bit later since I’m working right now but one thing I will say is the Zen Dac’s bass boost and the Zen Can’s bass boost are very different. The Zen Can’s bass boost was tuned with the HD6XX in mind while the Zen Dac is a general bass boost.

The Zen Dac’s bass boost was a little too much for the Phoenix. It muddied it too much imho. The Zen Can’s was much more tolerable but I need to give it a 2nd listen.

3 Likes

cool, thanks i hope to form my though once i get mine

1 Like

Comforting to see that I was not alone in thinking the Phoenix did not really care for the TrueBass on the ZenDac.

1 Like