Sleek and capable 2.1 desk setup

oh, what I meant is I planned to be a car audio guy, never actually installed a system, and accidentally got way more into my home system as I figured I would upgrade it first due to much higher simplicity and me mainly being an introvert so I’m at home normally anyways.

I plan on keeping my music on raw files on my pc and DAP also

I suppose I will upgrade the sub power cord along with my other upgrades, what about this cord? it fits my aesthetic better.

AmazonSmile: Monosaudio Hi-End HiFi Audio AC Power Cable Power Cord US Plug,HiFi Audiophile Power Cord 125V 15A,Hi End Braided Sleeve Amplifier Power Cord,Audio AC Power Cable with US Plug (3.3FT/1M): Electronics

Ok, so here is some advice, pick the most comfortable location in your home where you can have the most variety in entertainment sources. This will allow you to maximize your funds in one room and not have to duplicate resources.
If at all possible then build your system slowly from the ground up to incorporate all the entertainment options you want. Ie. HT, Gaming, near field music, etc.

This is an expensive hobby, avoid the word or mind condition of “BEST” there is NO SUCH PIECE OF EQUIPMENT, there is a ton of good stuff out there that we can reasonably afford and a ton of really great stuff that you will sell your soul and children for… ask questions, read, learn and then purchased used when you can afford the risk but want a better return on your money.
Happy listening.

1 Like

That is the plan!

Sound Setup Upgrade - PCPartPicker

this is my upgrade path

For looks I simply stick to the Pangea brand. they look good and are a well known manufacturer.

Pangea Audio AC 14SE MKII Signature Power Cable (1 Meter)

https://www.amazon.com/Pangea-Audio-Signature-Power-Cable/dp/B00V74T68A/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=pangea+power&qid=1613309469&s=electronics&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A15OOFJ01NGILN&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRVhUR1pRNldXRFU0JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzI5ODg0QTdOUzdWRTdLSEFDJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwMDEyNzAyWk0yREpZSE5YVUlPJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

1 Like

tbh I can just buy that cable and wrap it with cable management mesh to black it out probably

AmazonSmile: Alex Tech 10ft - 1/2 inch Cord Protector Wire Loom Tubing Cable Sleeve Split Sleeving For USB Cable Power Cord Audio Video Cable – Protect Cat From Chewing Cords - Black: Home Improvement

I have that Furman unit, It’s on one of my HT set-ups and works fine up to 15 amps…hehe caused me all sorts of issues when i plugged my amp in it and it didn’t work… (needed 20 amps)
I use those cables and like them. Don’t purchase the iii until you have reason to need it. Better yet work to avoid the reason.
I prefer my K-Bas the play lower and hit harder for only $200 more on a DESKTOP. I don’t care for them near field BUT my desk is really friggin big too

1 Like

I will have this setup hooked into a gaming pc so I will be fighting EMI from the GPU big time. :[

Or Just buy Medical grade power cable and then figure out a way to make it look more pleasing or best yet hide it and forget about it…

I’m weird and actually prefer to see cables as long as they are routed efficiently and artistically… but now I want the cables to look good… fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Then built a separate raspberry Pi unit for your music streaming source and AVOID the noise of the CPU completely. Don’t waste time and money fixing an issue you can avoid. Use CPU for games and such and music go to separate unit with switch interface somewhere along the line

I understand…

2 Likes

i will be actively avoiding streaming… I like to make things hard on myself apparently. this is mostly so i don’t need to worry about songs being removed against my will from sites.

Sounds like you have a plan in mind and the skills to make it happen, if you find a money tree somewhere along the line please share it w/ your buddies here, remember who was there for you when you asked questions :rofl: :+1:

1 Like

BELIEVE ME I WILL SHARE. I have adhd and it makes me an INTENSE planner, I just like coming here to verify my absurdity and look for flaws in my planning/ulterior options. :]

1 Like

I can’t WAIT to post what will be a suuuuper clean setup on the forums ;_;

1 Like

Decided to add some of your suggestions to my lists.

Sound Setup - PCPartPicker

Sound Setup Upgrade - PCPartPicker

Make sure to purchase only as much power chord as needed for your situation. Measure twice. Good luck w/ all and happy Listening buddy :+1:

that I absolutely will, i’ll leave you alone now, cheers!