Small powerful class d amp for under 100 euros,120 dollars

I have a new project, i want to buy a small class d amp too use for a while as my main amp

Something for low effecient speakers for under 100 europs , 120 dollars with shipping and a power supply

In late 2020 what is the best powerfull small class d amp ?

Im looking for something like Fosi audio,FX-Audio,SMSL, Nobsound, black over 100 watt pr channel in 4 ohm max 1% THD

Not stock but powerrful enough (in theory)
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/integrated-amplifier/amplifier-stereo-class-d-tpa3255-2x225w-4-ohm-p-14693.html

36 volt 6 amp power adapter https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-supply/fx-audio-ac-dc-switching-power-adapter-100-240v-ac-vers-36v-6a-dc-p-12735.html

Alot higher thd than the first amp 0.1 vs 0.03%
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/integrated-amplifier/fx-audio-fx1002a-tda7498e-class-d-amplifier-2x100w-4-ohm-black-p-12171.html

Topping PA3: 40Wx2@8ohms for 100$.
SMSL SA100, same thing but for less than 100$.

The one you linked looks a lot like the (way more expensive) Topping TP60.

But I believe what you want is this:
(Brand is Lepai… but says FX Audio on the board inside!)

New for 120$:

Or 100$ on Parts Express, even!

Used for 75$ if you “buy it now”:

Topping PA3 costs 105 euros from audiophonics
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/integrated-amplifier/topping-pa3-tda7498e-class-d-amplifier-2x100w-4-ohm-black-p-12152.html

Much more expensive than a FX-AUDIO FX1002A

Looks like it has some hiss

86 euros:

I guess the hiss should not be a problem if it’s not for near-field speakers. Some people don’t have the same problem, too. It depends on the speakers sensitivity apparently.

It’s for near filed speakers

Well, crap. No idea then. Maybe try the SMSL SA100.

And if it’s for nearfield I guess you don’t need 100w @ 8 ohms lol. Your ears will hurt at 60% volume with 100 watts @ 8 ohms nearfield.

They won’t bleed and more or less all small and chead class d amp can’t play 2x100 watt in 8 ohm (1% thd) with there power adaptor,supply it comes with, therefor you want more minimum 100 watt pr channel in 4 ohm 1% thd but often it’s 100 watt pr channel in 4 ohm 1khz with 10% THD

(i have heard the dual TPA3116D2 chip amps only delivers more power in 4 ohm not so much in 8 ohm)

Which is something like 2x40 watt in 4 ohm at best

If your desk isn’t too small, just go to eBay and find a used AVR. I got two Denon AVR-1312s that used to be 600$+ for like 100$. 100 watts per channel, 5 channel, 24/192.

Even if it’s for your computer, just plug the HDMI cable in and that’s it. dac + speaker amp + splitter + headphone amp for 100$.

1 Like

I don’t need to plug any HDMI cable in my amp (i only use Dispaly port cable), why should i buy a surround receiver when i don’t need all the surround stuff and a similar priced stereo amp that used to be 600$+ i can get for like 100$ would sound better

…because you want a 100 watt Class D amp for under 100 euros and I don’t think it exists, unless you buy no-name crap from “audiophonics”. And this particular Denon AVR doesn’t have a billion connections in the back, most of the money went into sound. And I have it, so I can tell you it doesn’t sound like shit, no hiss whatsoever on this one, and even the headphone out is “decent” (for an AVR).

But yeah, used stereo amps from known brands would probably also be better than paying 100$ for something without a name.

I don’t use headphones

For what speakers do you want this Class D amp?

Definitive Technology D7

Thomann t.amp E400 is the most power per € I know. Is not a small unit though.

No experience with it, but this here came up:
Link

↑ ignore, not worth it for home use

The SMSL SA-98E is 160 WPC at 4Ω and can be found between 90 and 115 USD on ebay.
I use it on a desk (because I’m a moron who blindly went with more power = less noise) and at line input I can’t crank it past 9:00 (it starts at 7:00) without risking hearing loss.

1 Like

That is because of the gain is super high

On some small class d amps the gain is very high since some of them are bluetooth units and often the signal from a phone or laptop is very low and in order til max it out (max power) from a bluetooth unit the amp has a very high gain