🔷 SMSL DA-9

This is the official thread for the SMSL DA-9 Bluetooth digital amplifier

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• 2xGerman Infineon’s new technology class D power amplifier chip
  • True fully balanced design:
  • Built-in high quality power supply, specially designed for audio:
  • Sub Woofer out

:red_circle: Apos Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

2 Likes

Well, 2 plus years later and this little amp is still kickin ass. Right off the top the price to performance is off the charts. I know a lot of people still want to mock Class D amplification. I understand the criticism for the most part; Class D amps sound lean and thin and can be too clinical. I think for many amps this could be true. But there is something different about the DA-9. These Infineon modules seem to break that mold. They deliver strong, controlled bass, clean, clear mids and stellar highs. Imaging and separation are really good. All of this on a wonderful stage. And the best part is that there is no noise; this amp runs dead quiet. Also, having the sub-woofer out is a fantastic feature as well.

This amp sounds amazing all on it’s own, but a while back I tried pre-amping it with the Class A Singxer SA-1. It was amazing how much using the SA-1 as a front end improved the presentation. I can’t go back now. I keep thinking about upgrading/replacing the DA-9 but given my use case and the constraints of the environment, I’m not really sure how much I would gain. The nice build, compact size, impressive feature set and amazing sound signature make this amp pretty hard to beat for a desktop, near field implementation.

2 Likes