Smsl SP200 THX AAA 888

sorry…my OCD will not permit this.

I’d have to create a custom enclosure that fit it properly.

2 Likes

I will be buying this for sure!

2 Likes

only THX that would work for me is the Drop 789…I need mai pre-outs!

2 Likes

I’m curious if SMSL will have a DAC that will eventually come out intended to shack up next to it nicely.

What happened to the $40 darkvoice?

It was a scam (pretty obvious in my mind lol)

It starts here lol

1 Like

This is what I got. lmao.

4 Likes

think this will be at around 250 Euros
SMSL SU-8 was 250$ in US and 210 € in germany

so even better value!

if I had not my may drop THX AAA 789… I could see me reaching out to this, if a balanced DAC in black with same design is offered … like the Su-8/SH-8 combo

Going to $255.11 for 11/11 and Black Friday.

Shane D

1 Like

That’s a pretty dang good deal then for a capable desktop thx

Agreed. I was thinking about the Monoprice 887 for the end of the month, but this is a killer deal and I don’t need HUGE power.
However, one year of warranty vs five.

Shane D

Sick of waiting for the 789 so got this amp. Will be shipped here the 4th. Hope is as good as I expect.

I’m still waiting for my costume jewlery. Sheesh!! Scammers have the worst customer service!!

1 Like

For anyone that ordered from Shenzhen, I just got a reply from them. Which is pretty impressive at 10:00PM on a Saturday night, since that is 11:00AM on a Sunday morning, her time.

The point is that Alisa told me that while the sale isn’t active yet, if I placed an order and got back to her with the order #, she would refund the difference. Can’t beat that.

Shane D

1 Like

Let us know how you make out.

I have to say that I love my SMSL SU-8, works perfectly and they were a pleasure to deal with.

This amp is tempting, but I Really should move some amps out first. I rag my wife about hoarding, but this head-fi collection is getting a little out of control, if I’m being honest.:grin:

Shane D

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, anyone picking one of these up tomorrow?

I might. Not sure yet

Gah, I’m trying to justify getting/not getting one as I already have two headphone amps already. xDuoo TA-01b and Grace O2/SDAC.

in the same boat as you with different amps and my eye in the ta20, but all the hype behind the thx has me curious for a long time now

I am thinking of replacing my Burson Fun-Classic and then either the Liquid Spark or the LCX. Hmmmmm.

Shane D