So Moondrop is making a headphone

Some observations:
Super open back. Looks pretty.
Leather comfort strap.
Huge round pads.
Detachable wire.
Metal build. Looks solid and might have 180 swivel.

Fuck. Now I want one.

3 Likes

That looks cool as fuck. also awesome that they’re going with a metal build and not plastic, also comfort strap ftw!

wondering what price point they’re gonna decide on… I’m thinking under $300 but we will have to see

1 Like

With a carbon fiber yoke and this level of machining? I’d be highly surprised. I’d expect it to be a halo product priced similar to their top of the line IEMS. With possibly a cheaper follow up down the line.

I like the look, but I’m slightly bothered the cutouts are straight triangles instead of the outside edge following the curve of the circular earcup. The photos look like some sort of public event, I wonder if we’ll hear any impressions.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit too much of this:

…but it still looks good.

2 Likes

I would think they would try to target a cheaper price point for their first outing in the market, but who knows maybe they believe their success in the IEM space will warrant enough trust from people to drop a chunk of money on a first run product.

either way I’m equally excited, I’m really enjoying the starfield and the moondrop sound signature so hopefully they can capture that in a full sized can :smiley:

Is not that expensive.

It could be cintered metal with the only machined part being the yoke covered by a nice coating. Or aluminium injection molding.

The cup (the star part) could be laser cut and then pressed into shape.

Or I am wrong and it is all CNCed out of full blocks and costs $400 in just machine time. Who knows?

1 Like

hmm, my concern is dust and other particles getting into the headphone like that. Gorgeous for sure and just from the looks of things I definitely want one but more curious if it will sound good and protected from outside debris

I’m with you man. This thing looks :fire::fire::fire: