Sonarworks TrueFi

Hi So my Mrs who works in education bought us a cheaper license for this app. I use it daily with my lovely old Sennheiser HD 600’s. Now I’m in the process of looking to upgrade my cans. I’ve kinda narrowed it down to either the Quad ERA-1 or the Drop Focal Elex. As a Brit I’m leaning toward the Quads but as I live in France I wouldn’t feel too guilty if I went for the Focal. However having just checked out the Sonarworks app neither of these two pairs of cans are supported. Now I have a dilemma, do I just stick to my HD600’s or do I go for it & lose the advantage of the Sonarworks. What do you think?

I suspect the reason you haven’t yet gotten a response is you’ve posted this in the True-Fi thread instead of the HD 600 thread.

What are you using for a dac and amp? If you’re not using a tube amp, there’s a strong feeling among headphone enthusiasts that doing so would transform your 600’s into something wonderful. But not sure how that would mix with True-Fi.

Other than that, of course in theory you could go with the Elex, then send it to Sonarworks for a custom True-Fi measurement. But doubt you’d consider that to be a practical scenario, grin.

1 Like

Hi Maynard

I drive my HD600’s with the Modi & Magni duo & I’m quite happy with it. I know all about the Tube Amps & 600 talk but I don’t want to go there at the moment. I’m more concerned about loosing the advantage of Sonarworks if & when I upgrade my 600’s. :+1: