Songs you don't want to like, but do

This one. It’s a bit repetitive but man is it catchy.

Also a lot of Starset songs:

1 Like

Lol thought it was gon be a kids with guns parody

MF doom is the king of food parodies
these are my fav

Can I put a band in here? Twenty-One Pilots. I find their music catchy - even though their brand of pop/hip-hop fusion isn’t normally my go-to. The issue is their recording quality. They seem to my ears to be poster-children for overzealous dynamic range compression. Their Blurryface album has some good tracks, but it’s just difficult to listen to. Even on a hi-rez file, the treble sounds like a low bitrate mp3.

holy shit yes agrees I dont want to like them as well but a lot of their music is catchy. buddy plays it while I drive they are like the imagine dragons of rap catchy songs but I dont want to say I enjoy them

I mostly agree with you on Imagine Dragons as well. I really liked their first album. “Radioactive” was enjoyable the first 14 dozen times I heard it (somehow it’s STILL being overplayed), but some other tracks on that record are just great songs. “It’s Time” and “On Top of the World” are standouts, IMO. However, they went downhill after that first record. Their most recent (Origins?) was better than previous, but not as good as that first one.

i feel you here…

i hate you. this has just resurfaced into my brain. who knows how long itll leave again >.<

heres my own contribution to this list. back home during the fund drive for the local non-commercial radio station they played this over and over because a lot of people hated it. i never really did, although i believe they have some much better offerings as far as songs go…

I actually cannot stand Billie Eilish, but whenever it pops up when I’m on my stereo setup, it sounds pretty epic. Props to the sound engineer on this one I suppose.

2 Likes

The production is very interesting and creative for the genre, pretty well done

LOL I remember that song, shit was hilarious when I first heard of it. Come to think of it I am not kidding there are some legit lyrics for that song and of course the lyrics are nothing but garbage gibberish but kind of funny they had the time to wrote some so called “words” for it.

https://genius.com/El-chombo-chacarron-macarron-lyrics

1 Like

Extreme case for me — I dislike everything about the sound in terms of production and genre… but damn this is freaking genius:

baby shark, anyone?

AJR - Sober up
I love this song but “my favorite color is you,” might just be the worst lyric of all time. And they repeat it a bunch at the end. Oh that and I haven’t even began to sober up. :wink:

1 Like

I pay this song doesn’t come up when I’m shuffling my favorites around other people.