🔶 Sony IER-Z1R

Thank you for the reply and yeah I’ve binned off the RME idea, gonna focus on a DAP to drive my IEM’s…the DX300 will be with me in the next couple of weeks, Ebay is holding my funds from sold items for 3 weeks due to me having to start a new account and this’s the first time I’ve sold anything on it :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

A feed back from Precog’s review…listening to the Who’s Tommy soundtrack on the Z1R’s they definitely have a sonic cathedral ability to purvey sound out and around the head…tough for any IEM tbh…

Casual gamers needing vertical awareness, soundstage and decent imaging that love music…here ya go :+1:

You’re gonna make me want to try one of these if you keep saying things like that :joy:

4 Likes

Man those super tweeters have magic…listening to Genesis…‘Seconds Out’ and man those cymbals sound just so :gem:…I’ve seen them live and the precision is full-on just the Z1’s

1 Like

I am doubting all things now…….I’ve run the gambit of teas, tins, Andro, solar OG, meze, mmr……what for what……these fuckers blow all out of the water in 98% of the shit I listen to……it was a wild ride and I wish campfire had a set to rival as US made and beautifully machined but this shit wins the day. Running off Sony wm1a - so good I bought an upright base for the DAP and figured give the wf10004 a shot……fuck me Sony is hitting all the right notes.

3 Likes

Aye my “bestest” set :heart_eyes: with it’s cathedral soundstage it’s what I judge all my sets by :+1:

1 Like

Check…

1 Like

Hey @Ohmboy, what tips and source are you currently using with the Z1R’s??

The Sony og silicone tips and iBasso DX312 :+1:

1 Like

New Sony signature series to be announced February 8, 2022.

Hope it’s not a new IER Z1R. And/or an M9. Please just be the headphone and DAPs. Those I can let pass.

It’s probably not a new IER Z1R because I decided not to buy it a week ago. Had I bought it, Sony would definitely be releasing a new one. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes
4 Likes

After 3.5 years of hesitation, mainly because of the funding cost, I took the plunge yesterday… a brand new pair coming my way in a few days. My DAP and amp are warming up.

6 Likes

Certainly understand the hesitation and cost. However, save for fit, which I personally think is much exaggerated, I can’t imagine you’ll be disappointed.

Purchased one of only two pairs available in my city late 2018 early 2019. Haven’t heard anything compare since.

Enjoy, friend!

2 Likes

Just placed the order, dang you! :rofl:

3 Likes

Wow feeling really excited for the both of you :partying_face: can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this set as it’s an absolute music replay masterpiece :+1:

^^^ X2 Z1R is probable my most comfortable IEM (saying that I haven’t had any real trouble with any apart from 03’s) I can wear them 4hrs straight with no fatigue what so ever, just make sure you have a deep insertion this might require going down 1/2 a size over your normal tip choice, I still prefer the hybrid silicone tips that come with them…Enjoy :musical_note::musical_score::+1:

5 Likes

What are “03’s” ?

BLON 03 :+1:

@F700 and @Jim_S You guys are also gonna experience the best unboxing ever…Sony knows you’ve placed trust in them and their flagship so they treat you like royalty from the get go…It’s like delving into a Hatton Garden jewellery purchase…other manufactures take note @hawaiibadboy Chris had his EE EVO’s tossed into a zip top bag iirc :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s here…

images (2)

3 Likes