Sony WF-1000XM3 compared to wired alternatives

I was thinking about purchasing true wireless earbuds and wanted to know if the WF-1000XM3 are good compared to wired alternatives. I know a lot of people will say that wireless can’t compete with wired. But wired can’t compete with the practicality of wireless.

Also, I saw that crinacle gave it a pretty good score (B) in his IEM Rank. So, I wanted to know how does it sound like compared to wired IEMs in its price range. Thanks

PS: I currently own a WH-1000XM3 and it sounds pretty good to me, maybe not for the price, but considering the ease of use I think it is worth it. I also own ATH M40x and Beyer DT770 Pro, planning on buying DT1990

sorry mate, it doesn’t stand a chance against a good, wired, even to chi-fi iems.

I have WF & WH-1000XM3, while both of them are good wireless and noise canceling ear/headphones, a good chi-fi iems like Blon Bl-03, Tin P1, or Moondrop KXXs blow the sonys in detail, clarity and driving power. A proper amped HE4XX also destroy WH-1000XM3, so back to your need, are you looking for a wireless conveniences or a quality output?

Well. If I go wired, I’d need to be powered from my phone, because I don’t want to be walking arround with a portable DAC/amp. That just kills the portability.

Powering good IEMs from my phone would be a good middle ground.

But i think I prefer the portability over quality, since i have good headphones at home.

So, since you have both WH and WF. Would you compare them please? In sound signature and overall sound.

I just wanted to know if they would be better than my AKG Wired IEM that came with my phone

Thanks!

1 Like

Also, can you recommend some (easy to drive) IEMs in the same price range as the Sony?

My phone is a galaxy Note 9

You may want to check out the Guideray Gr-i series. One of the best IEMs on the market for under $200.

You can get them in several different colors, and the cable is quite nice too.
Linsoul GuideRay GR-i Series DD+BA Hybrid Dual Driver in-Ear Earphone with Detachable 2 Pin 0.78mm Cable (GR-i18 with mic) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XDY7FFL/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_ja3hEbRSKE010

considering you are planning on buy a dt 1990 and you own a 770 do you prefer bright (treble focused) headphones? from what i understand the wf-1000xm3 are warmer. So are you looking for a similiar sound signature to replace them?

I was suggesting the Guideray Gr-i since it is a nice warm IEM with some good detail too.

1 Like

Yeah if he wants something warmer there’s real hype on those to my knowledge

1 Like