Spacial awareness listening AKA Hear what's around you with headphones

about a week ago i made a post about open back earbuds and how i wanted to hear my surroundings while listening to music; for being in public, office setting, etc. a bunch of people were super helpful in recommending me certain solutions so i decided to try them all and make a video about it.
spoiler alert, @XmetaldaveX was onto something! lol

4 Likes

@XmetaldaveX your cameo

1 Like

Woohoo! I was helpful! Bless you, BTW :laughing:

2 Likes

lmao… thanks man!

I’m curious…surround sound in IEM’s / headphones would be imaging and that all depends on the quality of the phones and track being listed to, does’nt it?

noted is that there are 3D technologies out there being pushed, but that tends to be more for gaming and perhaps movies, than music, being music is projected at you, not usually around you unless you talk about reflections and such.

i’m not quite sure what you are asking but i only stick to stereo playback. i never use any 5.1 or 7.1 surround always 2 speakers and sub. same with headphones, L&R only. i never turn on special surround even for games and i especially make sure any windows sound “enhancements” are disabled

I misread, Adam…I was thinking 3 dimensional sound for the definition of spacial awareness. now I see you meant being able to hear your music but also the outside environment around you.

which is interesting as I notice I don’t much hear the outside world with my open back while playing music. no sound, I hear just fine and carry conversations with my wife…music on, nope.

1 Like

ahh no worries
but yeah, needed them for some real edge cases and i’m really glad i tried a bunch of options because i am one to always wonder about the things i never try for myself. i still use these everyday and am a happy customer lmao thanks again for watching man i really appreciate it. more vids on the way

1 Like