Speaker amp for TV to bookshelf

I’m looking at some Micca RB42s for my first living room setup. I’m just not sure where to start beyond that. I’d like good tv-watching sound and something that can power them from optical. Anything that can receive a 3.5mm from a Google home mini or the like would be a huge plus too. I don’t plan on doing surround sound, and since I live in a four-plex, a dedicated subwoofer sounds like a distant future. Any ideas?

What price range are you looking in so far?

1 Like

You are ridiculously fast. I was hoping around $500 for the whole setup. With the RB42s (or any bookshelves you think are better), I’m looking at $350 left.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Well if you wanted a super solid one and done with great potential for future speakers as well, you could get the denon pma600ne which would set you back around 400 usd. There are more ways you can take it of course though

You could grab a smsl SA300 and a smsl m100 pair which would be sweet for a lower cost

also sorry for the slower response lol, got sidetracked

4 Likes

It’s all good man! I appreciate the response! So the stack would be TV via optical to the m100. RCA to the SA300, RCA to the speakers?

1 Like

Ability to add a SW in the future and usb in with a Google home mini. You killed it man. Thank you.

1 Like

It would be speaker cables to the speakers

I’m not sure if the home mini can output usb audio, but if it could it would be nice

2 Likes

Ah you’re right!

1 Like

You might need to get a splitter to put 2 sources into the amp, should be simple enough

1 Like

Home minis don’t have a 3.5 out, but they do have the option to output to bluetooth. You could select the SA 300 as the bluetooth speaker and still accomplish the same thing.

1 Like

Well there you go lol, I just assumed the home mini had a line out (now that I think about it why doesn’t it lol)

Perfect! I just like yelling for music instead of fumbling with a phone.