Speaker Cable Risers

Needs RGB.

1 Like

Dont glass produce soundwave?

I’m no noob brah.

Silicone layer between the riser and the cable.

2 Likes

That would be viscous coupling or harmonic balancer in automotive parlance.

They look very pretty but what are they?

1 Like

Ha,ha, I love that company promotional hype. Aluminum risers sounded the best…Hmmm.
That being said I made multiple sets of risers for my system and have over 10 installed. I built them mainly to aid in dusting and cleaning my hardwood floor. I bought a relatively cheap 1 1/2" thick IKEA bamboo cutting board and cut as many 3" diameter risers as I could get out of the board using a
3 1/4" hole saw. I then hollowed out the bottom of each riser using an 11/2" Forsner bit to a depth of 1/2" to allow for installation of epoxy and lead shot for weight stabiIity . I then rounded over the edges of each puck shaped riser with a file and sandpaper on my drill press. I then routed a 1/2" deep trough in the tops to let the cable sit in a recessed saddle. I filled the recess in the bottom with epoxy / shot mixture. Stained and varathaned each puck. I installed a 1/2" copper pipe strap c/w small brass screws to lightly hold the cables. I stuck 4 @1/2" dia. Sorbothane hemisphere feet on the bottom
of each… They look kinda steam punk, I’m happy
Total cost for all materials approximately $50 -60$. Sorbothane hemispheres aren’t cheap at Amazon. I don’t know what effect they have on the sound, if any, but they look super cool and help me clean the floors. If they help the sound that’s a bonus. Got them under my subwoofer RCA signal cables too. Cables, speaker stands and sliding stand baseplate all fabricated by me too.

I

3 Likes

FYSA, PSA, Sorbathane is great at isolating BUT that stuff sticks to wood like crazy and WILL destroy the finish. Ask me how i. know…:rage:
I now add little felt furniture dots under all my sorbathane no matter where or what the sorbathane is touching. I have NO idea if this just defeats the purpose but that is the level of silly i have reached…
Now i need a nice design from someone for a riser and what type of wood is “best” To use so i can commission my friend to make me a dozen or 2 please. Someone help a brother out and direct me please.

BTW…F$@k you @db_Cooper for making this post, i had managed to avoid these stupid things for years until just now w/ your stupid silly post. Now i must have them so i can easier sweep the dust…yes the dust from under and around the cables…:rofl::joy::rofl:

You’re right about sorbothane sticking to wood and it does stain certain products. It does no harm to my varathaned wooden floors but can leave marks on unfinished wood. I use loads of them especially on light weight headphone amps an dacs that want to slide around . If you want to stop them sticking you can stick small circles of sandwich bag material on the bottom or rub the sorbothane surface with a dry paper towel. Both methods solve the sticky issue. Have fun and don’t forget to sweep up after you. :wink:

1 Like

conduit piping to have even less things on the floor? =)

1 Like