Speaker Stand Risers

I love my old Studio Tech SC 24 speaker stands but for some speakers, they’re just a bit too short. I didn’t want to replace them with taller stands so I started looking around for a way to make some risers. After much searching around, I stumbled across The Cutting Board Company. They make custom cutting boards to order and the bamboo ones go up to 2" thick. I decided to make them 2 inches bigger than the base of my stands so that I don’t lose any stability. They’re simply tacked on with a bit of blue tack so that I can easily remove them (well, the stands are heavy AF because they’re filled with sand, but we’re talking relatively).

The cost of each 11" x 12" x 2" bock was under $32. They manufactured and shipped them out within one business day. Overall, I’m impressed with the quality and service. I’m considering getting some made as component risers.

8 Likes

do they sit on that foam block as well?

Thanks for this, I have the same issue, love my Pangea stands but speakers are just a little low…

1 Like

Do you mean the black and gray foam tiles? If so, yes. Those cover my listening area. I would prefer a rug but they’re magnets for pets to vomit and poop on so I opted for the foam tiles. They’re easier to wash or replace if they get soiled or damaged.

1 Like