Speaker stands for my new(ish) speakers

What would be the best speaker stands for the money? Like around under £100 preferably unless there is something killer which its a stand sooooo.
I would like something adjustable but It doesnt have to if that part sacrifices sound. Not too bothered on looks but obviously not something ugly af hahaha. Just something to improve the sound. I currently have them sat ontop of my other speakers which after hearing these “bookshelves” I wont be using unless I really crave bass haha.

Edit: floorstanding stands xD

floor stands or desk?

Also i would probably forget about adjustable stands as most of them I’ve used are shit. They sacrifice too much stability to be trusted with heavier speakers and thus it affects the sound.

1 Like

Floorstands maybe I should of put that in the msg haha.

I’m quite partial to the Pangea LS300 stands, all metal build, very sturdy and comes in multiple heights to fit your listening position.

https://www.pangeaaudio.com/Pangea-Audio-LS300-Speaker-Stand

I’ve also used Rockville stands, which are a decent cheap option than can also be filled with your choice of filler.

Oh i just noticed you are in the UK, that changes things slightly. I would save a little more money and check out Hi Fi Racks stands. They are all wood build hand made i believe, look amazing. I was gonna invest in some of there stands and gear racks myself but shipping to the states is fucking ridiculous.

1 Like

Those are some magnificently looks stands I will say but oooooooooooooh the price. hahaha

1 Like

but for sure Ill look into them as they are very nice haha.

1 Like

Ooooh aparently its better to actually got to them for best dimensions and looks ect and they are only around 80miles away from me. When I make my investment in some nice spekers I think these may be the stands and ill get myself some bookshelfs haha wow cheers mate.

1 Like

that is sick. glad i could help somewhat. I wish there was a similar company in the states, but no matter how hard I looked there wasn’t really anybody doing something similar over here. Kinda feels like the ZMF of speaker stands and racks.

maybe eventually I’ll just say screw it and eat the shipping fee haha.

1 Like

What do you like about them so much? As ive just got into the audiophile hobby (lifestyle) and not had bookshelfs before and trying these I love them. But how much does a stand truely help and does it help that much cos they aint cheap but damn do they look magnificent.

A good stand can make all the difference in a system imo. There are a lot of different factors though, what material the stand is made out of, placement, hard floor or carpet?, etc. it also has a lot to do with room acoustics as well and if the stand is hollow or not and if so what you use to fill it with. Bunch of different variables in play, just one more thing that makes speaker systems a nightmare to tweak and get perfect which perfection doesn’t exist anyways so more things to stress over.

I personally have not tested a pair of their speaker stands myself so I have no idea how they “sound”, but I’m a fan of the all solid wood approach and there are people who swear by wood over metal stands. The main appeal for me at this point is purely looks but they do have some pretty rave reviews from people who think they also sound great.

2 Likes

Thanks for summing it up, Im honestly thinking of waiting now haha to get one of these beautful stands hand made for me when I buy me some new speakers. Looking at the Fyne Audio F300s now was gonna get the F303’s but thats around £1000 and ill save more money while still having some astounding speakers for the money :smiley: plus my room is quite small I dont need huge speakers haha.

Or I could slash £650 on the F500s xD

yeah since you are so close to them you really have a great option to go see in person before buying and possibly get a demo.

I’ve never heard of Fyne Audio looks pretty nice. Whatever you do I would just make sure spend more on the speakers than the stands, as that will yield the more overall sound quality.

1 Like

Yeah haha they are relatively new basically the good staff from Tanoy left and made Fyne Audio they are based in scotland. Ever since their first speakers they have been winning Hifi award after Hifi award haha.

Too true I could bring my whole setup to have a listen on their stands or just the speakers to see what fits. Could get me made some amp holders while there too XD.

1 Like

You can spend as much as you want on stands, exotic woods, deadening materials, spikes, you name it the list goes on. If you are heavily invested in room treatments, sonic purity, deadening of your room, and have put a ton of funds into your source material and power requirements I truly encourage using the best of the best.
Me, I didn’t do any of that stuff, I have a small $150 amp pushing some speakers i got on sale via blue tooth so I got these stands and some rubber pucks to put under the speakers and under the feet. Total investment under $100. Happy listening and good luck with whichever direction you head in…

2 Likes

I like my Kanto stands.

2 Likes

Dr. Pro Speaker Stands. Can possibly find them open box on ebay for cheap.

1 Like