Speakers for bedroom TV

Did you get my message with my suggestions?

@Brad_Drake I don’t see a message besides your first post and the one asking if I saw the suggestion just now.

So I don’t think so.

I have sent two messages. Let me know if you got them and I will give more info.

Sorry, I got the last two sets but I’m sure they will have more soon.

Yes you can put the speakers on their sides just fine.

Are you familiar with modern receivers? The rb42s have huge bass also so don’t worry about a sub either unless you’re a huge bass head. If you haven’t heard them just trust me.

If you get a sub use the receiver to limit the bass to the rb42s so you can get more volume as needed.

Are you really needing a center? It isn’t needed for what you are doing actually. Put that money into the best receiver you can get and expand your speaker set later.

Is there a wall on each side of the tv? If so mount them on the side walls on brackets.

Yes but not possible. It is a rental.

Either way you don’t need a center channel until you have a much larger space.
The receiver you are looking at should do well.

1 Like

What sub are you looking at?

Not really super familiar but I know that the one I linked is highly rated and has the room correction that I want.

Yes I know that they have good base and that is why I’m prob not going to be getting a dedicated sub for awhile if I even need one.

As far as the center goes it will help with hearing dialog I believe but either way it isn’t expensive so I can pick it up without any issues. I don’t have issues with the receiver cost either.

I haven’t looked at the subs at all really as I prob won’t be buying it for a long time. I’ll revisit that prob in about a year unless I really feel that it is needed.

The reason I suggest not getting the center is that it isn’t going to have any benefits at all for your current space. If you want it for later use when in a larger space then yes, get it while you can. I have a theater room and the best thing I did was get rid of my center. Use the mains and angle them in a little more than you think would be needed. It pinpoints the voices perfectly and gives better phantom center response to all seating positions. Not that it will matter much in your small space.

Basically everywhere I look says that a mix of phantom center either isn’t real or it doesn’t work as well for dialog in TV shows and movies.

Either way it isn’t expensive and I’m mostly just delayed waiting for the receiver to come back in stock at this point.