Speakers/subs that can go super low 17-15hz

Not necessarily “chuffing” or something like that, just the difference between the sound of a ported sub vs sealed and how the port plays a part in the overall sound

I get what you’re saying, i know i am not pleased with both ports open, these subs come with fat round foam you can plug the port holes with and are actually tuned to play with 1 or both ports sealed. I’ve had them “sealed” for a few weeks now and was fairly happy until today. I’m at one port open and one sealed at the moment it’s a good sound and they manage to get down to 18hz, haha, as recently tested. It’s all good for now, I’ve got me eyes set on a pre-amp and another amp next. Subs can wait. Hell, i may even get my old blown sealed 15’s working again. I don’t know…i need to stop and just listen to music for a while. LOL. I’m sooo looking forward to your thoughts on the new CAYIN when it finally gets there and you have a chance to play with it!

Already have it lol, have been using it quite a bit. Really everything I was looking for both sound and style wise. I can confidently say I am done with amps for awhile.

1 Like

Ohhhh…nice…is it as awesome as it looks? Start a thread and do a review…please…

Ug I never do reviews and also I don’t want to try and get people to buy it lol. It just doesn’t make sense to consider it as an option unless you have a very large overkill collection lol. I could do reviews with my stuff lol and what I have heard, but tbh I don’t think I’m that qualified, I don’t have a ton of free time, and I also don’t think I would be confident in my reviews because I could change my opinion in the future, I don’t think I would be thorough enough, and that would make me want to compare stuff and focus less on the actual enjoyment I get out of them. All I can say is that the cayin was everything I was looking for in a tube amp and I can’t see myself wanting another amp for a while

Fair enough. It scratched and itch and you feel satisfied for the time being. Eventually there will be another itch…there always is😝
Congrats on the sweet amp!

1 Like

Kinda had this issue with the older SVS. It was good in one spot and the integration to front was pretty good but i was not totally happy. low Booms where very good but when having a big sitting are it was more a meh, location of the sub might was not ideal.

The current dual setup is more in the correct positions and perfect integration with font end.
It’s just a smooth wave of bass and you cannot tell where they are from any spot. Unless opening eyes, then it’s pretty obvious.

Yes, having two subs in stereo can help with that too, as I think they can provide some good spatial information with good recordings that you can only get in very low frequencies. Also yeah older svs stuff can be good, but when you get to a pretty high end system for mostly music, their tuning can be a little less then ideal for music performance.

Also your room/environment itself can affect the sound of subs too, so properly treating your room can help

1 Like

Are there any good alternatives to the svs sb1000. Id like something preferably sealed but without the $500 price tag.

Does it have to be sealed? If so the REL T/Zero or Pioneer Elite SW-E10, Klipsch Sub-12HG do the job well enough.

These won’t go super low, but are pretty great for the price

You could build one yourself too, but that depends on if you want to do that lol

It doesn’t have to be sealed but i think the benefits of a sealed sub would work for my setup better

Oh and they would be connected to powered monitors so they would need output trs or rca’s.

Yes unless you would want to opt for a sub with speaker level inputs. All you need is a pre out to connect the sub

In many cases those sub’s that are designed as Studio or Pro gear sub’s and are designed to be used with stereo monitors have signal (balanced or un-balanced with XLR or RCA) outputs and decent tuning options.
But you need to double the budget limit at minimum, specially with subs that can do super low notes. They sound good and perform great with any music but are also not sealed.

Yes, those types of subs can cost a fair bit. But you could look into JBL LSR310S or Yamaha HS8. The Mackie Studio 10 sub would also work

Yep. I run two Yamaha HS8 in stereo configuration to Adam A5X’s and when dialed in sound great. Fine tuning with room treatments now but very happy… Love the Adam tweets!