Speedy, impactful, good timbre speaker? Under 1200

Hello everyone! I’ve been looking for new speakers and I’m afraid for the first time ever I got decision paralysis. Honestly even just today I think i finally decided to put the speakers in my small ass room, in terms of width if I spread both my arms i can touch each wall with my fingertips. When it comes to length a while bed and two more feet cover the length of the room. Also in the past I’ve really really really really enjoyed the iloud micros due to the aggressive, forward and impactful sound signature that they had for my kpop and rap like injury reserve. In addition to the SPEED. The trebles speed on those was nuts and made stuff like most kpop sound crazy fun. BUT i also want something with really good timbre and tonality for voices in order to listen to ballads, and more traditional Spanish music. My budget i was thinking would be up to 1, 200 but lower is always nice too. I guess my question is I’ve considered the Elac Unify, Focal Alpha 65 and the Iloud MTM recently. Is there something else that comes to mind? Should I just go for something lower like the focal and Iloud since I probably wouldn’t be able to get the most out of a superior speaker due to size of my room etc?

Anything else comes to mind as an option?

I was leaning towards something that’s suuuuuper organic like my lcd but i think I’m leaning now towards something fast, impactful, dynamic similar to focal and ILOUD sound sig

Altho I would still like to listen to ballads so I want good timbre, tonality UwU

Hi,
I just bought a pair of the old Kef LS50 for 666€. Since the old LS50 is discoutinued, you might find similarly good deals.
I only listen to kpop and classical and think that voices and instruments sound really accurate and natural on them.
They also have really good speed and bass output is also enough for a small room (I’m using mine on the desk).
They’re not active so you need an extra amp; I run mine with the 200€ Onkyo 9110 but there are plenty other option which work fine.
Now I finally get why LS50 have been the benchmark speaker for so many people in the last couple of years.

1 Like