Spotify sound just got worse!?

Not surprised at all. They want you to buy the new Spotify Hifi. Scummy little moves by Spotify

Wow ya I was just thinking this before I came on here. Figured it was just from waking up early and being groggy but I noticed what sounded like compression after opening the new UI as well. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for now but if it’s a purposeful downgrade that’ll be another company on the chopping block this year…

Well, I’m still in the 1.1.55.498 so I"m still not affected. But I will be on the look for this.

I’m on 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de and haven’t noticed anything different.

Have you tried a downloaded playlist on Spotify to see if that is any different?

(disclaimer: i am sleep deprived and somewhat mentally tired from work) But something weird just happened now while i was testing some more songs. I think they may have fixed the problem…
For ex.: around 15 min ago (and yesterday) i was listening to a song where some parts would rest inside of a ball in front of you instead of dissipating that sound across your frontal horizontal field (like it was before the update). But all of a sudden that’s no longer happening. Same thing goes for other songs that before just felt smaller and with lack of energy.

My desktop app just asked me to update. This is the version I landed with.

Nothing out of normal so far - no changes to UI or sound as I can tell.
For context, I subscribe to premium and listen on “very high”

MOVE TO AMAZON, WE HAVE…A WAY SHITTIER INTERFACE BUT THE SOUND IS :ok_hand:. Just use a library move app.

2 Likes

I subscribe to both (spotify&AHD) - thinking about dtichn spotify but I like it for looking up stuff. Going to get a trial for the Qobuz - if I like it prob may ditch Spotify :man_shrugging:

Edit: You are right, or at least I agree - AHD sounds much better than spotify - whenever I switch over to spotify from Amazon - Spotify sounds like youtube to me for about 20 minutes until my brain adjusts.

1 Like

Haven’t tried Qobuz yet, honestly been happy with AMHD even if the interface is a little dry. I have a Bluesound Node 2i and it integrates nicely.

1 Like

Just recently got the new user interface on the desktop app, and boy does it suck…

Luckily for now you can get the old UI back : https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/mpxwz3/reverting_to_the_classic_desktop_ui/

shame when that doesn’t work anymore, as i would guess they are going to remove the old code at some point

2 Likes

Probably a valid reason on why, I am still one of the folks who still downloads his music instead of streaming it. I appreciate it for the overall convenience of it, but most of the time I just cannot be bothered connecting my phone all day to my mobile data and stream music. Plus, with your own music saved in your phone or DAP, you don’t need to bother anything that requires a connection therefore a good case if you’re offline.

I feel sorry for the people who uses Spotify though, for all of us deserve good sounds to listen to.

well… that didn’t last long, i got an update a few days ago that did not respond to the “hack” i posted earlier, so now i am stuck with the new GUI it seems :frowning:

I am slowly getting a bit more used to it, but there are still a few things that really annoys me with it, but it is what it is…

I hate it as a avid podcast listener. I got so used to quicky switching to music and podcast at a moment’s notice.niw I gotta navigate through like 3 tabs to get to what I want

by download, do you mean purchase? or using the rapid river?

A bit of both, and I admit some are guilty of this as I am especially back then as a kid when MP3 players were the hottest shit to have, torrent. xD Just being honest.

1 Like

I recommend using spotify premium apk gamestoremobi on GameStoreMobi because it doesn’t make changes to your podcast.