🔶 Stax SR-007 mk2

This is the official thread for the Stax SR-007 mk2

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Stax Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

for people who like bass in a estat.

I found a second hand set I’m willing to jump in and buy. However, I’m struggling to gain understanding on which energizer/amp setup they demand. I’m hoping the SRM-353X will do the trick but I’ve heard I’m better off getting the Mjolnir SRD-7.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on what specs and equipment I need to keep an eye out for when it comes to electrostatic earspeakers?

These are great but just bought the SR 009S and I think it is a push at best on the bass. Interestingly enough I still like the tuning on the 007 better. What a great friggin sound especially on a great amp.

1 Like

The SR009S has a roll off in midbass area that made go with Perun Rock which is similar in sound to Abyss 1266 TC. My Rock uses more then one driver. Currently they are in Russia getting upgraded with a dual bass driver. Before it was two separate drivers to improve bass performance.

They are huge but weigh nothing. I asked for the color blue.

1 Like

They are beautiful. Can’t hear the roll off myself on either my Abyss or the Sr 009s but have age and an accident working against me so I defer to those with better hearing all the time. Let me know how your adventure comes out. It seems marvelous.