šŸ”¶ Stax SR-L500 MK2 // SR-L700 MK2

Yeah I kinda agree. I wouldnā€™t really cheap out on the energizer. I would just save up some more for the l700 + a better amp

I heard these headphones are much better build than the mrk1, Lamda? But i also heard these have different tuning. Is that true?

Kinda, I mean it is a bit different tuning, but they arenā€™t worldā€™s apart

what amp only costs $50 that you can plug the Mk2ā€™s into?

Iā€™ve got the lowly SRM-252S and I wouldnā€™t hesitate to plug them into it. might not do them full justice but itā€™s Stax gear on Stax gear so will work and should do so safely :slight_smile:

also, are the L500 MK2ā€™s better enough to be worthy of buying or still jump them and go for the L700 Mk2? or L300 Ltd, if can be found?

I donā€™t know about the 50 buck energizer, but the 252s would work, but getting a higher end vintage stax amp might be beneficial. I think the l700 is much better compared to the l500 and l300. But the l300 limited would be a good choice

1 Like

headamp.com still lists the L300ltd as available, but at that price Iā€™d personally just continue saving up for the L700 MK2

2 Likes

that would be a good idea. i just heard a review where the guy didnt like the L300 ltd but loved the L700. so maybe there farther apart than we think. thats why im worried about the L700 mk2ā€™s. i found one on sale but not sure if i want to flip the coin on it.

1 Like

well, the L700 should sound better, and I would expect them to being theyā€™re still twice the price of the L300 Ltdā€¦but they outclass the L300 and the L500. I just wish there was a Mk II with a detachable cable.

anyone have experience with older lambda models that they think outclass the L300 and L500?

I sure wish I could find my SR-207ā€™sā€¦ :frowning:

thatā€™s a good price. when I did a check a few months back, all I found were listings for used that were as much or more than the L700 new. LoL!

Yeah i like the metal holder for the L700mk2 headphone. hate all that plastic. But Zeos hasnt done a review of the L700 Lamda vs the L700 mk2

The mk2 has some metal parts if I recall correctly

Anyone ever try to power a L700 with a Woo WEE Dynamic to Electrostatic Converter and a SP200?

The woo wee only works with speaker amps

Oh thats right. it probably needs speaker wire input. do you think it will work well with a Onkyo A9110 amp? or maybe one of the cheaper smaller speaker amps on Amazon?

That would probably be pretty good imo. I also think something like the Denon PMA-600NE. You could also perhaps get something like a parasound 275v2 and a volume control or preamp

Is the Woo WEE really good? Iā€™m curious about getting it as a cheaper alternative to the standard Koss energizer. I have some stout speaker amps to try with it so that is not an issue for me. :smiley:

It is pretty good, if you have a good speaker amp you should have no issues. You will need a stax to koss adapter (or buy you rown)

1 Like

The WEE needs a 5 million ohm resistor on the bias output, otherwise it will melt the coating off the diaphragm and arc. All Woo amps are like this.

According to a friend of mine upon adding the 5m ohm resistor itā€™s the best thing to drive Stax with.

1 Like

How can they sell it with a defect like that! Geez no bueno. I would prefer not to mod it if Iā€™m dropping that much cash on one tbh.

Huh, I havenā€™t heard of this. Is this only for the WEE? I have a 3ES Elite and have no issues