Stereo 2.0 for Netflix/Xbox 70% and Music 30%

Hey Guys,

Looking for some recommendations for 2.0 stereo speakers for my living 270sq feet with high ceiling.

I’m going to connect it to my Lg tv (optical) and play music from my Tidal.

Swans M300 seem like a good fit and bang for the buck. They seem fit for movies and gaming, question if they’re good for electronic, indie rock music.

I listened to a great set: NAD C338 & B&W 607 & some super premium Nordost Blue cables and was blown away… but that’s 2000$ set.

Probably there’s gonna be time for something more premium when I develop some music/listening preferences for audio gear and get more budget :slight_smile:

Any recommendations in the budget of 500-750$??

Swans M300
Klipsch RP-600M - damn sexy but passive so with amp will be over budget… same as B&W 607…

Thanks!

Maybe take a look at SVS ultra bookshelfs… Ive not heard them personally but I hear really good things about them and all around seem like a excellent pair for the price. I’m actually thinking about upgrading to a pair early next year myself.

Yeah these are pretty much double the price of Swans M300 here in Poland… ridiculous.

Polk LSiM 703’s for $449 are a steal. Slickdeals says this deal has expired, but when I click on the link, it still shows the price at $449. These were originally $1500 when new.

1 Like

I 2nd this as well. Also see if you can find the jbl studio 530 on sale too

Polks are $700 in Poland.
JBL Studio not available :frowning_face:
Anyways in both cases I need and amp and that well above budget…

Do you think it makes more sense to get active speakers at this price range? 500-750$ maybe $1000 for a complete set with cables…

Swans M3A MKII are $1000 in Poland, but are damn ugly and won’t fit my living room style… Sexy looks are important what can I say :slight_smile:

I think you could get powered speakers that are pretty good imo. You might be able to find some kef lsx on sale, or some vanatoo t1s perhaps. Kanto tuks sure look pretty killer too

Looking used may yield some deals

1 Like

The Edifier S3000 Pro could also be something to consider

1 Like

Also I’m surprised no one had mentioned Klipsch RP600m

Edit: I’m dumb lol, disregard

might look at Kanto TUKs

1 Like

I bought a pair of LSiM 703s with that sale and can vouch for them. It also gets my recommendation.
If the RP600m go on sale, that will be a nice pickup since I would say they may be more dynamic.
Can’t go wrong with either one of these recommendations.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about TUK

1 Like

Kanto TUKs would be my first choice and look sexy as hell, but they’re not available in Poland.

The only place I can buy them is online via gear4music - not sure about that website…
They cost 1000$ with delivery - same as SWANS M3A MKII.

Also can they fill a room about 270 sq feet and around 10ft ceiling? They seem quite small in comparison to others. My couch is 9ft from the tv - speakers would be standing on the tv sides approx 6ft apart.

I’m not planning to use any stands.

1 Like

They are an authorized seller.

I can’t see your room size being an issue even at moderate listening levels. You may hear port noise at reference / high listening levels with bassy soundtracks, but if you’re regularly going to be pushing the speakers to that point you would be better off with a subwoofer with any speakers you purchase.

2 Likes

I agree with this, as you don’t have to get one right away, but later on it would be beneficial

2 Likes

Thanks so much guys… Have some research and thinking to do.

I guess from the price research, reviews and your opinions my pick would be Kanto TUK or Swans M300.

Kantos are great but double the price of Swans m300. Also for the price of $1000 or a bit more I can probably get Klipsch RP-600M with NAD C338 set…

i would wait for a sale. its sale season. hold out, one of those will go on sale somewhere for you before the end of the year. there are also lots of great passives for cheap. dali’s have to be cheap for instance for you. if this is your end all be all system, then go for it. but if you plan on upgrading down the road, i would buy a nice amp and solid speakers. used market can yield greatness. just a thought and option.