SU-8V2 issue & drivers

Hi guys,

I just got my SU8V2 from Drop hooked up to my 789 and PC over USB. I have experienced some dropouts on the device a couple of times where I think if left for a period of time, while AFK for example, no sound will output unless I restart the DAC even though it is still detected as the default device in windows. Is this some standby feature similar to what the 789 has or even triggered by the 789 standby or is it related to the issue I describe below?

Device manager reports under ‘other devices > SMSL DFU’:
“SMSL DFU: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.”

I attempted to update by allowing device manager to search online, this does not work. I’m not sure what SMSL DFU is but under 'sound, video and game controllers > SMSL SU8 USB2.0" device status shows ‘working properly’.

The latest drivers on the SMSL site listed for the SU8 are like 2 years old presumably for the v1, are these still applicable or even worth installing?

So for the su8 you use the smsl xmos drivers which should be very recent. Just uninstall the device from the system and grab the xmos drivers from the smsl site and install

How should I uninstall? I never installed anything myself other than what happens by default when first plugging in a USB device in windows

So in the device manager find the su8 and right click on it, and uninstall the device