Subwoofer isolation

My assumption is that the work like an engine mount on a car probably a very flexible piece of rubber to absorb vibration. A lot of people say it’s the subs physically vibrating the floor and walls that bothers people and when you isolate them that goes away because it’s not longer directly transferring energy into the floor.

It would just attempt to decouple the sub from the floor, but you should also treat your room with bass traps in corners and also play around and see what your resonant frequency is

Hard for me to do that since my “home theater” is also my kitchen and dining room, and I live with a woman. Just hanging the side surrounds was a big battle for me, let alone treating the room and making it into an anechoic chamber.

Are you able to get the sub away from walls and corners? That could prevent coupling with the walls

Also using the sub in nearfield (very very close to the listening position) could make it so you don’t have to turn it up as much

Remember the Howard Stern movie?

That lady would agree with you!

They are already pretty close to where I set 8ft

Ok got the feet in and installed, really high quality product they raised my subs about an inch higher off the floor and they are very jiggly now. And far as the sound goes I’m not sure yet because my girlfriend is playing red dead redemption 2, So far from what I can tell from the game seems to be a bit more bass and is some what tighter more like a sealed sub, mine are slot ported so I don’t know how true that really is, I’ll do a update tomorrow when I can watch Mad Max and shatter my windows.

Ok after having these isolation feet for a few days and watching mad Max Fury road at loud levels, I’d say these are a must for any audiophile living in a apartment. They really do stop vibration from transmitting into the floor and walls. I played the movie a loud volume level during the drumming sequence and when’t into my garage below my system and I could faintly hear the sound it was, mostly the highs and mids I was hearing, these feet combined with wall treatments would probably allow you to play you subs as loud as you wanted too.

2 Likes

Do the subs themselves sound different?

Yes, they make them sound more punchy and obviously get rid of the room shaking vibration, which can be seen as a downside for some.

1 Like