Not terribly experienced with audio equipment, and while I’m learning more through independent research, I wanted to get some more experienced advice regarding an equipment upgrade I’m looking to do.
- Fluance Signature Series - passive speakers
- BIC F12 - admittedly larger than I really need, figure I can move it to a living room setup eventually.
- SMSL AD18
- Monolith M1060 (open) headphones
- Drop Panda headphones (whenever they actually ship )
- USB from desktop (mobo can support SPDIF)
- Bluetooth from laptop (can run USB or aux if need be, bluetooth is just nice to eliminate another cord)
I’m currently looking at moving away from the SMSL AD18 and getting separate units with a budget of $600 USD or so (although less than that is quite okay with me lol). Right now, I’m looking at:
- JDS Labs Atom amp - headphone amp
- Topping E30 - DAC
- Topping PA3 - speaker amp
- JDS Labs Element 2 (its just so clean) || JDS Labs El 2 stack - albeit more expensive
Are there any concerns with this stack (especially regarding speaker amp) that I’m looking at? Are there better alternatives in people’s opinions? Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated here, again, just getting more and more into this hifi world.