Suggestions Welcomed

i keep seeing the he6se but ya im not sure how they compare honestly

lol that looks like a generic chinese headset theat is sold for like $20 I guesse they mixed some stuff up at amazon

1 Like

But would it have better qc then hifiman???

Edit: also I didnā€™t even look at the reviews, but it actually has reviews for the he6 and questions and answers lol. Also under the ā€œCompare with similar itemsā€ it even has a different picture that looks like a Bluetooth microphone from the late 2000ā€™s

part of me wants to order it and see what i get lol.

I did some quick research and it looks like the only things thats changed from the he6 to 6se is cosmetic. upgraded headband and connectors. nothing so far about the drivers being changed or tuned differently

So as an update. I just got the he6se and they sounded very good but flat on my desktop with my normal amp. I eqd +6 to 100hz and +3 to 2k just to play around and it def made it more fun. Now when I then connected it to my denon 5.1 receiver the overall sound was vastly improved. A little bright but full bass and such detailed mids without any eq involved. Apparently my desk amp has met its match. I even have to turn my receiver up to 70 where with my klipsch rp600m fronts, 500c center, and 12in sub I stay around 50 to 60. Now all headphones are ruined for me lol

Are you going off of the speaker outs?

Nah it has a 1/4in headphone out on the front

You might want to get a speaker terminal to headphone jack

This is what I used to have

https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMHEADP

It can get so much better with more power. Off of my parasound class ab 500watts into 4 ohms, the he6 was incredible. They really thrive off of more power. You arenā€™t getting the quality of the speaker outs on your receiver through the headphone out. Usually manufactures just take the output of the speakers and run it through resistors and really degrade the quality to make it usable with headphones

Nice. I may have ti try that. They are pretty incredible as it is but Def would like to see how far they go

I didnā€™t know a single he6 owner without one of those at the time I owned them. Really need a crap ton of power to reach their potential