Swan D300's or Edifier S3000 Pro's?

Since I’m located in Australia it’s extremely difficult to get name brand audio equipment here. I was wondering if it was worth the hassle of trying to get the Swan D300’s into Australia, or if I should just buy a pair of S3000pro’s which I can buy off of amazon australia and ship in a day or 2. Any other recommendations are welcomed!

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat here, only I’m in New Zealand. Zeos raving about the Swans D300 has made me seriously consider that too, but I’m also considering the Edifier S3000 Pro. What has swayed me somewhat in the direction of the Edifiers is that there has been some negative stirrings about the D300, though hard to find those on the 'net. The S3000 Pro has had almost universal praise, and for my use case (hooked up to my gaming PC for gaming and music) I’m very unlikely to perceive much of a difference between the Edifiers and the Swans. Also, we have an Edifier distributor locally in NZ, whereas if something went wrong with the Swans, they’d have to be shipped back to China at my own expense, which work out roughly to ~$300-$400 NZD, and I’m just not going to take that chance based on one single review.

I’d love to see other people’s thoughts on this too, though.

Cheers
Rip

2 Likes

I got the S3000 pro’s off Kogan for $650 delivered (they’re usually around $850).

I also just got the Swan D200’s (the 5") for a separate area. It’s not noted anywhere but it looks like the Swans don’t take 240v 50Hz, they’re hard wired for 120v 60Hz only.
I’m going to have to send mine back.

The Edifiers have been incredible for me so far as well.

1 Like

Likewise, for $650 little bit of a no brainer. Mine were actually DOA, Edifier were great and sorted it all out ASAP. Been great set of speakers ever since, love mine.

Don’t underestimate local customer service as part of the deal.

1 Like

Edifiers 3k pro all day… 100% I have them and they have been flawless! Had them in my office and moved them in the bedroom after hearing how shitty my sound bar actually was. lol. For reference I now have Swans M5A’s in my office. Pro tip, get the matching stand for an extra 150 they make all the difference visualy and match the wood grain.

3 Likes

I bought the edifier 3000’s from Amazon.
Zeos has inadvertantly convinced me to go on a significantly more expensive audio journey than I thought I would. To the tune of nearly 2k. I have zero audio experience.
So in knowing that now, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the edifier speakers. They are amazing. I was listening to them with some metal and the base was going hard enough to rattle a shitty door that was positioned behind it. They are so good I am going to buy another set to replace me significantly shittier hi theatre that I don’t use anymore.
The reason I chose them is because I could get them from Amazon prime for 699 bucks. The Swann were roughly the same but delivery makes them way to expensive, close to 1k. I can’t see the quality difference being worth almost another set if speakers.
I run them via RCA from my amp passthrough and I also have them connected via optical to my PC. Both sound great. The Bluetooth works amazing too so any parties I have will now have easy access music too. Super easy to use and they sound awesome. Zero regrets.

2 Likes

I concur about the stand. Way more stance than I thought. I thought I was wasting money but working from home has never sounded better.

2 Likes

As a biased owner of the S3000 Pros… Edifier all day. I use them as near field set atop stands on either side of my desk. I’ve also got them hooked up to my record player and if you push back the chair and set you feet up, holy god are they a joy to listen to.

6 Likes

nice setup! looks cozy

1 Like

Kinda late but this is for people still on the fence. Edifier customer service was great when I called with a couple questions. They can be reached by phone from the US but Swan cannot as far as I was able to determine.
Swan customer service is… nobody home. I got one email response that didn’t answer the question then crickets. I was asking about the availability of a longer interconnect cable. Big fail on the support side for Swans.

1 Like

I too am late to the discussion but I bought the Edifier S3000 Pros on Black Friday 2019 for a total of $511.15…which is a steal! They have been amazing ever since. They are hooked up to my PC as a near field set. I can’t praise them enough. They replaced a set of JBL 306P which always had line noise when connected to my pc. This doesn’t happen with the Edifiers. And I love that there is no wire between the two speakers. Go get em!