Swan M3AMKII vs M3A?

On the swan website I noticed the mark two version of the m3a’s, marketed as the predecessor, but I can’t find anything like a comparison of the two online. Does anybody know anything? The only differences seem to be a woofer rather than a mid range driver, and a different build. Cheaper and in stock as well. Thanks

The mkii is a cheaper version of the m3a, if you want the higher quality speaker, go for the m3a and not the mkii

1 Like

It’s rough trying to find Swan inventory in the US… I’ve been trying to get the M5As since December and no dice. Their sales team did just get back to me:

Hi XYY,

This is Calvin, and I’ll follow your case.

We have ordered a few M5A for the US market. It probably takes 2-3 months to be available.
The M3A is coming in, and it probably takes 1-2 months.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Calvin

Hi, if you’re still here, ??? How is the mkII the cheaper one, Swans certainly says its the next generation which would be better. Thanks Mario

Calvin, if you’re still here…I’m very interested in the m3a

What is different between m3a and m3amkII

…mmm, feel free to email me [email protected] Thanks, Mario

iirc, the MK2 was almost a scaled down version of the m3a with lesser quality drivers hitting a cheaper price point. I’ve not heard both side by side, but I have heard both (although more time with the m3a and very brief with the MK2) and I remember liking the m3a more than the MK2. But it’s been awhile, and different environments for demo so perhaps my opinion would change with both in the same demo location and same time