Switching from Spotify to Amazon Music

So, I have taken the plunge into high quality music. My issue is moving my Spotify playlists over. I have spent too much time making playlists and the thought of finding every song manually gives me a headache. I have searched google for a solution but comments/reviews of the programs are not to promising, with some claiming malware. So I was wondering if any of you have any good experiences switching playlists between services.
Thanks! I am new to the forum but I have enjoyed my time so far. :slight_smile:

I have used soundiiz. It can only do 200 at a time, but i only have 1100 or so songs in my library so that worked well enough for me.

I used it to convert spotify to deezer. I would think you would have no issues using it for spotify to amazon. Good luck!

2 Likes

It seems like moving anything to Amazon music on soundiiz is a no go. It does look like it can do everything else. Thanks for the reply though. :slight_smile:

I think when I moved to amazon, I did it manually. How large is your library? Search by artist instead of track if you do it manually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well I have gotten a bit of a start on it. My library is roughly 2k songs, bleh. But it’ll all be worth it. Might take me a few weeks though lol.

2k isnt too bad. I was worried you had like 100k or something infeasible. Honestly I kind of liked doing it manually in the past; gave me an opportunity to listen to all the songs i havent heard in a while

1 Like

I used Free Your Music. Not free but did the job. It struggled to grab the correct versions of songs on Amazon Music and got the wrong song on multiple occasions, but it was certainly better than doing it by hand (if you don’t mind double checking your playlists after import).

1 Like

Thank you, I am trying it right now. :crossed_fingers:

At least where my music library is concerned Free Your Music is pretty awful lol. I had 2002 songs and it got over 600 of the way wrong. Not counting the 62 it couldn’t find. But I did notice it was much bettter with songs over 20 years old. Thanks for the recommendation but I wouldn’t personally recommend anyone use that service. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that was my experience. It could find certain things fine, but the rest…good luck. It was the only service I could find that wasn’t subscription based or free malware. Although, in hindsight, 1 month of a subsription service that works may have been the play… :thinking:

1 Like

I used MusConv when I switched from Google Play Music to Spotify. Worked well with good ease of use.

i tried musconv and it was amazing

1 Like

I also made the switch from Spotify to Amazon Music not too long ago and faced the same challenge. I found a tool called Soundiiz to be very helpful. It’s an online application designed specifically for transferring playlists and libraries between different streaming services. Here’s how I did it:

Open Soundiiz and log in (You can sign up using your Spotify account).
Once you’re in, you’ll see all your Spotify playlists.
Select the ones you want to transfer.
Then, choose Amazon Music as the destination.

Please note that the free version of Soundiiz allows you to transfer one playlist at a time, and it doesn’t include track metadata like ‘loved tracks’ or ‘play count’. The premium version, which is about $4.5 a month, offers full service, i.e., it enables you to transfer all your playlists, albums, tracks, and metadata at once.

I have personally used this service and found it pretty reliable and efficient. Just make sure to check the playlists after transferring, as there may be a few tracks that don’t transfer over due to differences in song availability between the two platforms.

2 Likes

How are you enjoying Amazon Music so far? For lossless/high res I’ve tried Tidal, Apple, and Amazon (and still have Youtube music because the kids use it and it included add-free YouTube). I think out of the three I will probably settle on Apple Music just because it’s useable, lossless, low cost (compared to Tidal). I’m not sure that the “Max” quality on Tidal is worth an extra $10, although I do like the service.

Both Apple and Tidal were better for streaming on the go. Amazon’s auto quality setting does a lousy job of keeping the music going when the bandwidth is a little lower, but it does sound better, so it’s a trade off.

I don’t know. I feel like I can hear the quality difference in some tracks between Apple and Tidal (with Tidal having a little edge there). Amazon sounds great, but again, the useability is “meh.”

I used Spotify Music Unlocker, it’s a trusted app. You can download the songs from Spotify at once. BTW, if someone want to switch from Apple Music to Spotify, you can try Apple Music Unlocker. It only need a few simple steps to convert the songs.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @ChloeBrooke ! This is a good group, so you should enjoy your time here.

1 Like

I’ve always used Musconvtool and has been afforded seamless transfer of playlists, stats and everything I needed in a different streaming platform. Very easy to use too.

you can use the MusConv app tool. It can shift playlist without changing the correct versions of songs