Syba sonic, fulla 3? 3.5mm mic input dac amp recommendations?

That’s 200IQ I’m a fucking numb brained stoner and I honestly, wouldn’t have thought to do that for any reason whatsoever. I’m Not too worried about my mic quality bc it’s better than it used to be and it’s more than fine now.

also I think bc idk how I for one would route cables to keep the mic plugged into the on board without nasty long adapters, that was honestly my First thought before going back to the 3.5mm combo dac/amps but that’d be horrible to see lol much cleaner look I’d wager with the syba on top of the stack

That makes sense :+1:

This has been a high quality time. Again I appreciate you two! Get best of both worlds now! Can’t believe I didn’t think to do something like that bc I was definitely really hoping to be able to get a actual “real” amp or something legitimate and now I can and don’t have to worry about fucking with my mic setup and can probably even sell this yeti finally

Also with the syba Sonic you may as well just use it as the dac too since it has rca out and you have to plug it into USB for the mic anyway, so you can use it as your dedicated mic in and a dac, and avoid the motherboard altogether

1 Like

Yeah, hold on, let me take a picture of it, to give you an idea of what it looks like.

1 Like

So how about, Syba sonic for 3.5mm mic input and foot in the door external dac and the atom amp for proper headphone power? Yay or nay

1 Like

Sounds great, should be very straight forward and you can upgrade to the setup I mentioned above (or a better dac if you want to just keep with your boompro) if you have the itch, or stick with what you got if you have no complaints :+1:

1 Like

Heckin right! Looks about perfect!

Awesome :slight_smile: mon approved gear purchases make me feel good about money being well spent for sure! Hahaha super excited to finally get it moving past finally having a pair of “real” headphones

Now to figure out which amp you go with lol

Ohhhh I’m trying not to think about it too much, my personal music preference is BASS but like high quality, low low end also. My head lives inside of funktion one sub bins soooo if either of them for some reason put out a more V shaped or like low focused sound that’d be the one I guess? I still don’t fully understand how amps effect sound?

Hmm, the liquid spark sounds up your alley tbh, it’s a warmer more bass focused amp with a bit smoother sound, and a bit wider soundstage. The atom will get the job done for sure, but the liquid spark would be less harsh sounding with a bit more full sound. Also pretty dang powerful and can drive most headphones pretty well

1 Like

And seeing as Im not tossing money away on somthing half as powerful as it should be I’d like one that will be able to power some hefty bois in the future as I fully intend on having a few more pairs before I get what I’m looking for but I also know they are all power hungry

Well, as far as aesthetic goes, I think the Atom would look the best with the syba sonic, not sure about the liquid spark, maybe that would look fine too. Liquid Spark is supposed to be more warm, but the atom is more neutral and refined. You’d probably enjoy either one, though, since your headphones are what really matter.

Edit: I don’t know why I replied to M0N to say that, lol

2 Likes

Agreed, these are subtle differences at best lol. You really can’t go wrong with either

1 Like

Again, thank you two!!! Feeling way better about this now that I’m back on the dedicated route. Way less stressful.

1 Like

All the pressure, you have to make up your mind, your life depends on it lol

1 Like

Seriously, I know a guy whose head literally exploded because he couldn’t make up his mind, was too stressed out over buying options and took too long to make a decision. This hobby can be brutal.

2 Likes

RIP, an unfortunate but common occurrence. If only newcomers were warned of the unknown side effects

1 Like