Tangzu x HBB Wu Zetian Heyday Edition: My First Planar IEMs

UPDATE

Finally got the cable from them and now it’s all much smoother (wish it was really that smooth for my ifi ZEN DAC’s 4.4mm port just got fucked due to ESD.)

5 Likes

Mine arrived this morning! No review I have seen mentions the stock tips or their size/effect on the sound. Why are there three sets of balanced and bass enhancing tips in the box? Shouldn’t the stock tips be one or the other?

1 Like

Oh wait how did this happen?

I don’t know man, I was just lying on my bed while listening to my library with my ifi ZEN DAC on. Apparently, when I got up from my bed in order to get something from the table, that’s when it happened, still sounds on the left, but crackling noises and white noise from the right side while the cable is plugged to the balanced port.

Yes I even tried my other IEMs, just to make sure my Heydays are not facing this issue, because if I only get it from the Heydays, then that’s a dead IEM, luckily that was not the case for I have the same problem as well on other IEMs I have. 3.5mm port still works but yeah I am going to need that balanced port.

Friction on bedsheets makes plenty of static electricity for sure, I never imagined them zapping anything of mine though… luckily I’ma desk person for any leisure. Sorry man!

Yeah right now, my last option would be sending a support ticket to ifi to see if they can take care of it and I am not expecting much from them. Also the warranty I had for it is now expired, therefore I can no longer get it replaced with a new one.

Man this sucks, but at least my Heydays didn’t get screwed.

2 Likes

Finally arrived. Spectacular IEM’s. Exactly what I’d hoped for. Super clean sound. Shoutout @hawaiibadboy ! Cheers

3 Likes

Yeah same sentiment as well with regards of it having a super clean sound, much cleaner than my Katos that’s for sure.

1 Like

Yeah most of the reviews I have seen as well from Heydays have no mentions on the stock tips. I have used the stock tips and the description given on those tips were mostly right, well maybe except for the bass enhanced tips, for sure it did enhanced the bass but it also increased the treble as well, for me at least for I might be wrong about it.

Overall though the stock tips are great, but it wouldn’t hurt to do some tip rolling as well, like getting tips that plays to the Heydays’ strengths like imaging.

Stock installed tips were too narrow for me, so I changed to the balanced Large, which sound great. Someone somewhere recommended the Azla SednaEarfitLights, but the size I ordered were TOO large and muffled the sound. I have not tried the bass enhanced tips yet.

1 Like

I think the so calles bass enhanced tips do not increase the bass that much, it does but less noticeable with the cost of reducing the treble.

Hey guys does anyone know if its possible to buy this cable system? Id like it for my OG Wu’s, thanks

I got a replacement from DD Audio back then due to the one that came with the package had defects like the sounds I get from the IEMs are in Mono instead of Stereo when using that cable at the time. It would have been cool if we could get it separately though, and I am sure it will really fit well on sets that have the shade of blue.

1 Like