Tangzu x HBB Wu Zetian Heyday Edition: My First Planar IEMs

I finally have my own set of these and as well as my very first planar IEMs to own, a great self-gift to myself after my birthday. So far in terms of first impressions, when it comes to the sounds? Definitely a step-up from my Kato and Airships, for the technicalities are just better overall than those 2 and I thought the Katos were clear, but this one is much clearer like wow. Also the mouse pad that came along with it, I wasn’t expecting it, but damn it looks and feels great clearly been taken care really well by Tangzu, additional evidence of them really caring about the product is would be the box and case that they have made for the Heydays.

Not going to lie, I was tempted to get the OGs instead of these, but I heard that the OG Wus have more bass and I am not really into too much bass for I am not a bass head, it seems I have made the right decision with these for it’s more neutral tuning suits me much more. I am loving it so far. I think the only main gripe I have for it would be the detachable plugs, for when I am using it to my phone or any other source, it sounds monoural until I move the cable a bit it sounds stereo again, probably a QC issue? since the other detachable plugs work fine? It’s a shame for the cable is very pretty, and I think it’s time to use the current modular cable for now, until I get an alternative one for it or just try fixing the plug myself

7 Likes

Congrats on your new shinies! :tada::metal::sunglasses: The first planar is always an eye opening experience for anyone, but even moreso for those of us they click with. The first planar headphones that I heard were the Hifiman HE6 and listening to music has never been the same for me sense. It even changed what I look for in dynamic drivers as well. When they started showing up in IEMs I was stoked and as the planar based IEMs keep getting better, I just keep getting happier. I wish you and your Heydays a long and happy journey together!

BTW, if the cable is faulty why not just contact the seller and ask for a replacement?

1 Like

Yeah I will try and do that, since the seller that I have been buying their stuff from is so far have a good interaction towards me and very accommodating. I’ll give it a shot, but yeah this is so glorious without all of the issues.

Gotta love finding an IEM that suites your tastes, changes your perspective, and takes you to the next level of performance all at the same time. That sounds like a big win in my book. It’s kinda crazy how hearing something new can completely change the way you look at all the things you’ve heard before, isn’t it? That’s part of the reason why I love trying as much in the way of new gear and new music as I can.

As far as contacting the seller goes, if they’re a reputable vendor or just a decent person, they’ll do the right thing and get you a new cable, replace the whole IEM and accesory package, or offer some similar solution to make things right. I mean, the cable came to you broken and that’s on them to make right.

1 Like

I mean just the cable is enough, they don’t really need to replace the whole package for the overall package along with the accessories are fine, it’s just the cable that was the odd out. But yeah, that would have been great too if they are going to do that. Still on the break-in phase but my god, I am hearing some shit that I have not heard before on certain tracks, I thought my Airship and Kato did all of that already, but man I was so damn wrong for my Heydays revealed much more.

2 Likes

Planars tend to be especially good at micro details. They really dig out the details and serve them up. The first time you hear it is quite something. NGL, I’m a little bit jealous that you get to experience that right now lol! :joy::sunglasses:

I mean I have been stuck using for a while using single dynamic drivers so yeah, it’s really a WTF experience for me so far, like a revelation man.

1 Like

Congrats man! They look amazing. Sorry to hear about the cable - hope you can get them replaced. Have fun with your new toy :notes::notes:

1 Like

Congratulations! Planars are my favorite IEM for most of my library and S12 in particular.
Planars can take you where DDs and hybrids can’t! :slightly_smiling_face:
The cable, ask them to replace it, but be careful with it, because I almost lost my EJ07m in China!

2 Likes

Guys, it seems I got lucky this week, for somehow I was able to fix the stock cable I am using for it no longers produces an incomplete or mono sound when I use it, for I did a bit of an “adjustment” towards it with a hammer, of course I didn’t destroy the cable more like gave it a few taps. But for some stupid reason, it’s all good now.

2 Likes

Oh my god! Even though I said I fixed the cable, they still decided to give me a replacement for a new one, this is just a win to me and my Heydays. These sellers are just really that nice and accommodating.

3 Likes

Who are the sellers? Please mention. I’d like to know who is lame and who is good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah, it’s the man himself! How are you HBB? Well to answer your question, they go by the name DD Audio, they are a seller that has been doing me good during the previous years when I bought the Seek Real Airships, and recently both the Kiwi Ears Cadenza and the Heydays as you can see now. I am using an app called Lazada, and I am not sure if you have heard of it, for it’s a common app here to use in the place I am living in.

They are from China iirc, but I don’t know the exact location where in China, but so far they have been good to me.

2 Likes

1 Like

This is just Linsoul AFAIK. I heard various user experiences with them, but it good to know that there are also stories like that!

1 Like

Before Linsoul was born it was DD Audio. Then one member branched out and created Linsoul and they are still close. I’m glad to hear they were good to you.
It is easy to sell stuff. it is not so easy to manage customer aftercare and QA.
That cable is nice and I’m glad you are getting a functional one like you shoulda got the 1st time.
Enjoy the Heyday :notes: :heart_on_fire:

3 Likes

Oh I am so enjoying it right now that’s for sure and it’s really an overall new experience for me having my first set of planars like this. It feels good to branch out finally from single dynamic drivers, don’t get me wrong though 1DDs are still good and I am not saying I don’t like them anymore, it’s just that it’s good to have a new entire set to explore with, to hear how it feels for you, it’s like trying a new potential hobby.

2 Likes

Ok it has been a couple of days now, and I just noticed something about the Heydays. They are ear tip sensitive for the sounds just changes on these depending on the type of ear tips you put this on with. To my surprise, I find the stock ear tips the best for it for some reason, while the balanced ear tips are the 2nd best for it.

I wonder what ear tips you guys use for your own Heydays, it might help me a bit more to experiment with my own set in order to fine tune my preference of tuning.

1 Like

Still waiting for mine to arrive :sob:

2 Likes

I’ll just say the wait for it is worth it, just like I am doing right now for I am getting a new cable for my Heydays with no fees added.

3 Likes