Techno - Soundstage, Imaging, Immersion

As a shelf this tends to add that sub bass just a bit, I can go to 5 or 6 db no problem, this headphone hits crazy good

Was more thinking DBX120x or DBX 510 instead of just EQ.

Glad to hear the headphone delivers :wink:

1 Like

It truly is. Slippery slope though, mixing the transient and still keeping sub. Trick is to offset a 909 transient with an 808 type decay, then make that your kick mix, then just sine wave your bottom, lots of ways to do it. But man these hit a little different than I’m used to with dynamic drivers.

I don’t know anything about making music, neither with instruments nor with electronics.
Can set you up some blinking lights when you hand me an audio signal and average sized DMX-desk :wink:

1 Like

Haha I love it, try this out ,not my best mix but it’s tricky the faster you go, you want the transient of the kick hit but still the bloom of the decay

1 Like

Comparing all these things that I buy second hand and resell - I’m appreciating the AKG K371 more & more for techno. Fidelio X2HR was the latest try and nope…not for techno…just too much air, not very tight & accurate bass, some treble peaks around 5kHz that kill me. The closed back pressure that the K371 exert is just really tough to beat I feel like. The kick slaps damn hard and has a midfrequency grain to it that just makes it so aggressive and fun. The subbass rumble - or maybe I should say pressure, is icing on the cake. It doesn’t interfere with accuracy or detail imo. It’s just there and adds to the vibe…kind of weird to define, since it’s not something I would describe with tonality, but rather with physicality… if that makes any sense.
disclaimer again: these are just my personal impressions :kissing_heart:

Fiio FH3 comes close, but lacks the aggressive kick of the K371.
These in ears also offer good subbass, but while the lower end is present, it doesn’t manage to create the same closed back pressure. And I tried all Fiio tips by now with good seal.

It seems like I prefer closed back headphones for techno.
And I wish I could define that kickdrum attack impression better.
Maybe it’s a combination of fast bass & elevated, maybe slightly grainy mids?

Not sure where to start if I want to upgrade from the K371 tbh.

1 Like