TH-X00 Sound in an Open-Back

Good evening eryone (in gemrany),

I wish to find a headphone, that kind of compliments my Sundaras. I love them for their nutrality and softness but I often feel like I lack that thick and fun sound that some other cans can offer for Hip-Hop, Electro and Pop.

So right now I kind of good my head into the TH-X00 but wondering if there is kind of an “Open Version” of this headphone, as I think Open Backs Are generaly nicer for muisc and emrsion.
Is there something that could satisfy me, or do you guys think this kind of music presentation of what they call in reviews “fun, engaging, ultimate-enjoyment” is kind of bound to a closed back?

I’d love to hear your thoughts or get further suggestions.

Oh and for budget: I could get some TH-00X Mahagoni for 300€. Ultimatly this would be fine, tho this already feels a bit like a strech atm.

You can mod the X00s to be open back if you want. It apparently makes the bass even bigger but kind of sloppy. I imagine you could tame that with some foam to limit the air flow a bit. Otherwise I don’t think any open backs do the same kind of bass as the X00s while having the same kind of quality.

Overall I don’t think the X00s need to be open back since they are already semi open to begin with so they don’t have as many drawbacks as other full closed backs. If you can get some mahoganies then I would go for it. If you want you could get some different wood cups from E-MU to change or refine the sound if you like the mahogany.