The AudioNotions.com Thread

Howdy y’all,

Drew here!

If you spend time on the Discords, chances are you have seen me spamming or ranting about something or another at some point. If not, phew - glad to not have my eccentric discord behavior follow me here!

I, like many of you presumably, have ADHD and am prone to being impatient and impulsive as you might be able to tell from my tier list:
https://bit.ly/drewbadour

Well, a couple months ago, while waiting for what is now my favorite IEM, the 7th Acoustics Supernova, I bought and sold way too many things and somehow thought it’d be a good idea to start a blog to chronicle my purchases and record my thoughts on them.

In the process, I somehow recruited/persuaded a couple friends to also join me on this journey.

Without further ado, I present to you AudioNotions!

Anyway, would love to chat with anyone about audio, life, the impending AI takeover of the world, or whatever else! Not sure how active I’ll be on HFG, but if this thread takes off or at least attracts some attention, I’ll pop in more often to hang out. Otherwise, you can find me on Discord as @drewbadour#0262 and I will definitely be active there!

Cheers!

11 Likes

He also invited family. Keep an eye out, might catch a few cameos of a robot complaining about vocals. Or sharing baby pics.

4 Likes

can never have enough baby pics!

i also hear robots make the best dads :heart:

1 Like

This explains the nonsequitur shameless plug lol.

Welcome new, shiny person(s)!

1 Like

Ah right. For the record, I did not know that drew was making a thread. Sneaky sneaky getting out of the discords to the public forums.

@drewid welcome welcome though! I was running over your tier list and while I may fight you on some of your choices, I respect and appreciate that you don’t subscribe to the “nothing under $XX00 can be S (or top) tier.

That alone earns you my seal of approval :slightly_smiling_face:

Now go get another EA500 and move it up from B- before we have problems :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

FWIW, I didn’t even know I was gonna make a thread lmao.

Was just browsing here and it just happened :rofl:

Ahha I didn’t dislike it though and B- isn’t bad in my book - It’s higher than my GPA was :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Latest review is up!

Decided to review something a little less mainstream and that strays from the “Harman or neutral with bass boost” trend.

4 Likes

Wrote another review!

3 Likes

Got my hands on an AFUL Performer8!

7 Likes

A couple big things arriving tomorrow!

These arrived yesterday!

Early Impressions:
Balanced with excellent timbre. Nicely textured and very punchy bass. Rich mids and lush vocals, both male and female. Resolution is very good. Imaging and stage are excellent - probably a standout quality for me - I don’t like the term “holographic stage” but on some songs I can hear artifacts and other effects floating around in a way that is kind of trippy. Treble is smooth and relaxed, perhaps a little bit on the darker side of what I’d prefer but still present and airy. Nicely dynamic. An excellent all-rounder IEM.

2 Likes

I am thoroughly intrigued by this pair - I know $550 USD is not pocket change, but it’s also not TOTL pricing either! How would you say it compares to other sets under $1000? Thanks! :sunglasses:

It’s very well tuned and quite capable - it’s among the most competitive under $1000 and the only set under $1000 (new) that I’d say is outright better than the Aurora is the 7A Supernova!

2 Likes

Wow - better than the supernova you say?! That’s amazing praises considering how hyped the supernova has been.

The $550 price tag is high of course but not to the point where it’s absolutely ridiculous. Thank you for the insight! I’d love to have a listen one day, for sure.

Ah no, sorry! It’s not better than supernova haha.

But I do enjoy it more than sa6 mk2 and top!

Ahhhh gotcha gotcha - must of misread - thank you for the clarification!

1 Like