The cheap AF headphones/earphones thread

New KZ ZS10 Pros vs AS06 review 2 posts above. I just edited the thing, corrected mistakes, etc. Otherwise you’d have read two different and contradictory reviews by me, heh.

So, the AS06 are bigger in every way therefore they need smaller foam tips for the same effect!

I’ll receive a silver cable soon and see if it gives these high-treble extension (sounds like there’s just nothing… around 15khz), but right now they’re just the best for me under 50$CAD for sure.

Also, sorry everyone for the contradictory previous statements. Foam tips size make a huge change apparently. AS06 don’t lack “air”. Good mids. No 8khz treble peak… unless you use too big foam tips!!

I dipped my toes into the very shallow end of the pool on Black Friday and bought the X2HR’s. They were on Amazon.com for $99.00. Landed in Canada, they will run about $180.00. The cheapest headphones I have bought in years. That is less than I paid for used HD58X’s (with shipping).

The X2’s have never been sold in Canada, so I was curious. At that price I can sell them on pretty easily without much of a loss, if I am disappointed.

1 Like

they have been sold in canada in fact are on amazon.ca and were on newegg for a long time back when the x2’s were $300

They weren’t when l looked a year or two ago. I even contacted the company in the US looking for a dealer or if not, why not. All I got was “No, we don’t and I don’t know why”.

I do see them on Amazon.ca right now, but Amazon.com is/was cheaper.

I never consider newegg for anything.

Wait, what?! I received a 4$ silver KZ cable (basically still “jank” but silver) to replace the standard 1$ cable for my ZS10 Pros, and it literally got rid of the 1khz 5db hole. Oh well!

Dead serious, I close my eyes and I’m like “ok, the singer is like 15ft away from me and the cymbals are 4ft at my left/right”. Plug the silver cable, press play, and the singer is like 5ft away. :no_mouth:

That was unexpected.

What cable was it (just curious)?

Lol I thought it was a no-name one “for KZ earphones” on eBay, and I received an official KZ box. Apparently they also make silver cables.

Also huh, obviously no measurements. I think there’s still a hole in the frequency response but… it’s half gone now for sure.

Fun fact, I preferred KZ AS06 after a few A/B tests, so I was happy to receive the cable for my AS06, but realized I ordered this cable 2 months ago from China, and this only fits my ZS10 Pros. Lol.

Do you have a link for it?

Yes, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

KZ hundred core (lol!) Silver cable

That’s a silver plated copper cable, not really something I would call a silver cable (you won’t be getting that for 4 bucks lol). But that doesn’t really matter if it works in the end

1 Like

Yeah, I bought it for the color only, lol. Was not expecting any change in sound.

Very strange you hear a change in sound, the cable that came with the ZS10 Pros must be pretty lackluster then

That’s my guess lol. Twice as thin as the silver plated one and it also had a mic.

Lol I just realized… Sorry all. In french we sometimes say “silver cable” (câble argent), just like “blue cable”, not mentioning it’s a color (câble couleur argent). Silver cable in french would also be câble en argent (like, uh, cable made of silver). I don’t think you can say “silver cable” in english without mentioning it’s only silver in color (d’oh!).

Talking about buying a silver cable on the cheap AF headphones/earphones thread, yeah, no. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And I’ll link this here too.

Sharing this here. :slight_smile: Inexpensive AliExpress earphone reviews (and more).

1 Like

So… I just got the Sony MH750s (MH755s with more bass) and… after 12 hours I just say, yeah, for 10$, they’re the winner of this category.

They’re just really smooth. I only got HD58Xs, people say the HD650s got a more laid-back treble… I’d say these are “the HD650s of IEMs”. They’re definitely not lacking in detail, bass, drums, voices sound really natural, and the laid-back treble is really great at throwing the details at you when needed. Bass goes really low even for electronic music (8/10 for wubwubs, lol).

If you want coffee in IEM form, you get 40$ full-balanced KZ AS0s with the kicks hitting your ears and the drivers effortlessly throwing everything at your ears even in loud environments. But if you want something non-fatiguing… get the MH750s.

Edit: Kanoya is pretty much the only reliable reseller for these… and it took me 50 days to get mine because covid… and he’s away now.

Fun fact: Two things can make me hear the noise floor on one of my favorite songs: The 400$MSRP Nad HP50s… and my 10$ Sony MH750 IEMs.

Also, how do you say that already… Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :wink: