The cheap AF headphones/earphones thread

Probably 5dB more than the stock tips, I don’t know about silicone tips.

For info, “Comply Sport Pro for Beats” fit my KZ ZS10 Pros perfectly. :+1:

Oddly enough, here, the Smart Core are 20$ for ONE pair (!), and the Sport Pros are 20$ for 3 pairs. So, yeah, grab “Sport Pro for Beats” for KZ ZS10 Pros. :slight_smile:

Mon just posted these headphones in another thead. Thought maybe i should post them here. These are all in the 70-100 dollar range:

Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X
Blon B8
Status Audio CB-1
Sennheiser HD280PRO
Philips SHP9500

In my opinion Superlux are the champions of cheap AF headphones. they do really good 35$ full sized headphones.

They are cheap, but I don’t think cheap af

1 Like

Still, useful info, thanks!

Hey everyone,
I’m planning to buy a noise cancelling over ear headphones
Comfort and sound quality are the most important aspects for me (and I guess it’s the same for everyone on this forum :smile: )
For Sound profile I prefer neutral (I have a VMODA m100 and xs) and I hate sibilance the most even more than an uncomfortable pair of cans.

1 Like

If you want cheap and noise cancelling and good sound quality, I’d say avoid bluetooth. Apparently, wired and noise cancelling headphones exist, and would give you the best of both worlds… for cheaper.

Hmm… these?
https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/b941072e3a870fb7/index.html

1 Like

Wow wired noise cancelling!!
Thanks I’ll keep that in mind
But the thing is i want over ear but still that will be one of my options.

There’s an over-ear version but it’s 100$ :confused:

Edit: There’s also ANC In-ears apparently!

Edit: I’d take the ANC7b (100$) if you’re treble-sensitive – oddly enough, the “b” does not mean bluetooth: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-0/graph#283/994/267

Tbh we need more wired noise cancelling headphones. Though most of the time I prefer noise isolation since it has been doing me good, but I am curious to try some of those so called active noise cancelling cans.

My main gripe with them is the fit. I think I just have the wrong shaped ears for KZ shells lol. I have ZSN Pros and all the reviews I read said stuff like “the comfort has gotten much better on these!” but they still start to hurt my ears after like 20 minutes of listening. I like the sound of them, but I pretty much only use them for monitoring when I sing for church now.

Lol, yeah everyone’s ears are different and fit is very important for an iem

Agreed, fitment is imperative with IEM’s both the shape, angle of the main driver housing and the seal of the tips…but saying this we still get lots of grievances about over ear headphones regarding clamp forces, weight and pad issues?

Personally I think fit matters more for iems then headphones but that’s just me lol. The actual fit and comfort matters more to some then others

Yep Zeos bitched about the comfort his NDH 20’s from day one…for a “monitoring” headphone this sucks if it’s the tool of your trade as you can’t keep swopping out different drivers, you’re stuck with what you use unlike a quiver of choices at home?

Actually I mainly see people using ciems for monitoring more and more on the road and traditional headphones being used in more stationary locations lol. But yeah for some people the ndh20 might be bothersome, but it didn’t bother me that much

the sony mh 755 need to be on here just got themn ahour ago and after a small listening session Im a believer. definitely harman tuned very clean bass is nice not over blown mids and highs present and pleasant and definitely detailed.

2 Likes

I might buy a pair of cheap sony earbuds to compare the 2. or just try to find alternatives

Well, this is the cheap AF earphones fest today. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just received these, full balanced (3x balanced by ear, no dynamic drivers, unlike the ZS10 Pros).

First impressions after like 15 minutes of listening: Yup, pretty much what I expected. Less sub-bass, more kick/drum kicks, and the treble is a bit more laid-back, therefore they don’t sound as V-shaped, or too treble-y, as the ZS10 Pros sometimes does.

I’m treble-sensitive, and I can crank the volume a bit higher – less dangerous for my ears when I’ll listen to these in the bus and need more volume, for example.

Right now, listening to electronic music, they remind me of my T50RPs a bit. I said a bit, lol. “Hard-hitting, cold precision”. Change “planar kick slam” to “balanced driver kick slam”. Obviously less sub-bass, though. If you want sub-bass “warmth”, go for the ZS10 Pros, the dynamic driver does all that – but probably with less precision (obviously).

As I’m writing this I also hear “stuff” my smartphone is doing (it’s really rare but it happens – it’s an old Note 3, interferences – no, you won’t hear that during songs, ever). So they appear to be even more sensitive than the ZS10 Pros.

Edit: After two hours of listening… if they’d extend to high-treble (15khz+ and more) they would be great. They’re still good. :slight_smile: