The DEALS thread

what’s all the excitement for the X3’s?

For those in the PC field looking for a new GPU:
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-gv-r57xtgaming-8gd/p/N82E16814932299?Item=N82E16814932299&cm_sp=Dailydeal_SS--14-932-299--07062020
$389.99 + $15 off w/ promo code 93XPM28

iirc isn’t that relatively close to the same power as the 1080ti? Not completely up to date with amd specs.

~7-9% slower on average then a RTX 2070 Super @ ~25% lower cost @ MSRP

~8-9% faster on average then a RTX 2060 Super

ah gotcha. Not bad considering that price tag. I use the 1080 ti right now going to upgrade later during sales time. Paid about the same for my 1080 ti as that amd card

1 Like

Tidal is running a (new?) promo. $3 for 3 months:

3 Likes

New users only.

Free one is still up I think?

Tidal

I have an rx 5700xt in my machine (MSI’s version). Love it tbh. Though there has been some driver funkiness at times

I’ve heard about that, though I’ve heard it’s (mostly) fixed?
Been thinking about pulling there trigger tbh. (Learning) CAD, Gaming, streaming, and DaVinchi Resolve would be the uses for the new machine. Turn the present one into a htpc xp

I would think the price will drop more on the 5700xt later this year since amd plans to release their new lineup of cards.

1 Like

ahhh…this is the thread I really wanted to post that Spotify comment in.

for those of you that have a Premium Family account for $15 / m and it’s just the two of you, they introduced a Premium Duo for a few bucks less, that’s good for two people at the same address. can be family or a roommate.

couple of bucks is a couple of bucks…just switched.

1 Like

also, you’re lucky…that happens in the US, doesn’t happen in Canada, not on components. OEM’s will liquidate complete products at discounted pricing…but parts? nope…never. :frowning:

meier audio has some pretty decent deals on their amps right now.

http://meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/amplifiers.htm

3 Likes

Went directly to their corda soul and their headfi review site… must say I express deep frustration on an amp unit where you cant find reliable power output specs at the various ohm levels. Crap like that always makes me skeptical.

Also not sure I but into all the DSP smoke and mirror features.

Wow ive never seen these amps before. never heard of Meier. What are they like?

Their website does look a little rough. But their top of the line amp as a EQ on it o.o. Ive always felt amps should have some eq on it.

their portable amp uses 5 TI OP amp modules rated at 65mw max each. puts that unit at around 325mw@32 ohm.

edit: it is annoying when no one wants to actually publish specs. but there are usually ways to figure it out.
also it looks like some of the units have published max mw. for the most part if it does not say, it is likely at 32ohms.

Tidal has an ad up for $3 for 3 months. Not sure if tidals any good never used them.

The free deal is still going. A few posts up.

Also, I like it. Might as well give a try and see what you think.