The DEALS thread

Seems a few are off loading…

1 Like
4 Likes

HEAD-FI CLASSIFIEDS FIRE SALE: people must need to free up funds, y’all!!!

Moonlight: Yanyin Moonlight | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Top: Xenns Top | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

1 Like

Damn, I guess I took a premium for taking slightly better photos of the Top

Oh wow - If I didn’t have the MonMKII already, this would be a fantastic pair for the $$$. Probably the lowest I’ve ever seen them tbh

3 Likes

Even cheaper from same seller if F&F is ok for you!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AVexchange/comments/14b6ucv/wts_usca_h_dunu_sa6_ultra_custom_arts_fibae_5/

3 Likes

Ohhh very nice, good tip there!

1 Like

A couple of things, and also tried a bunch of $1.99 Aliexpress phone app items, a some came up real winners.

The Amazon stuff:

This isn’t an advertised special, but if you order Sonicfoam tips in the 20 pack, there’s a business card in the box. If you send them a photo to the email address of your tips installed and what you think of them, they’ll send you a free box (and they can be a different size than the first one, they asked that). It’s just for new customers, but it cuts the price in half.

Topping A90 Discrete $509 used or brand new for $539 (buy with a credit card to double the warranty and it’s worth it)

Sabaj A20h headphone amplifier $105 used or usual $119 new. I’ve had several of these, best value in amplifiers (digital volume, can power a Hifiman HE6se on the XLR side up to a -4db preamp reduction to EQ and still be loud enough for fun). The plugs are annoying in the back of it, but the look is clean. The little brother A10H measured really well here.

Even if it’s not on sale at the moment, just got a six pack of these interconnects. They have a nice positive click into the DAC and flexible. Just long enough to use with mismatched stacks where the plugs don’t line up exactly, so there’s a little extra length to work with. They all passed on the multimeter and of course transparent as any other cable. My new standard for how much I’m willing to pay for interconnect cables…

GearIT XLR to XLR Microphone Cable (1 Feet, 6 Pack) $29.99

It’s a $1.99 Aliexpress adventure! Using the phone app, it pops up a $1.99 sale each day (sometimes $1.79) with shipping on each item. These are the web site links which show full price, just to show you the exact item to look for in the phone app for the $1.99 price on them. I bought about a dozen things, and these are the winners:

Nintendo Switch Storage Bag
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804442894118.html
This in black looks great and terrific for all kinds of things. Just had to leave it to air out since it smelled like a car tire (that plastic smell) until the next day and then it was neutral. The silver one I got also has the Switch logo, but the black doesn’t and very stealthy. They were out of stock for the hard case when I got the Hart Audio cable interconnect package, it all fits nicely in there with room for other stuff.

Type C Two in One USB Flash Drive Black 64G
I ran diagnostics and formatted a few times to make sure it wasn’t one of those U-disk ones that you can’t reformat at full capacity. Yes it’s USB 2.0 speeds, but for music playback it’s more than enough. Having USB C and A plugs is extremely handy for transferring to the phone from PC.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804283945118.html
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804772486278.html

Some tools I use every day. The plastic ones don’t scratch things up like replacing headbands or prying things out.

Auto Door Clip Panel Trim Removal Kit
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804318598608.html

21 in 1 Mobile Phone Disassembly Repair Kit
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804934304845.html

At first I was disappointed with the sound, but had to try them for $2. I then realized the tips they come with are really size small. I swapped them out for medium Final Audio tips and was really surprised how good they sound. On the Firetv stick the video and audio was synced for watching TV which I didn’t expect for this price. I use them now all the time for washing the car or noisy days when the landscaper is rolling around on the 125 decibel lawn mowers. Not noise cancelling but isolating enough, also low profile and really comfortable. Only downside is with foam tips they won’t fit in the charging case. Battery lasts all day, and stays charged for 2 weeks and the charger still showed 4/5 bars of power. No app is needed, and for phone calls it sounded just fine with the mic.

A6s Bluetooth Earphones TWS In Ear Bluetooth 5 IEM
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804061719696.html

Also got the Bluetooth 5.1 adapter which works great and the range covers a 2 story townhouse. Windows 11 found it instantly and no update needed.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804463807023.html

This travel bag is nicer than I thought it would be. Great for throwing stuff into like IEMs or ear buds and a phone and cables. Not big enough for travel headphones like the Bose folded up, but for anything smaller would be fine.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804605124367.html

1 Like

That’s a sneaky good deal, honestly

2 Likes

SMSL SU-1 for $67.99 Check right side for “new from $67.99” to get the price. I just got another one for the Topping L30 II since the first works so well.

KBEAR Wired Earbuds New $48.30 and also $10 coupon at checkout as well. Just bought one and will have it tomorrow for a comparison with the rest of the IEM herd.

Topping A90 Discrete $449 Used Like New (also it’s Hifi College, bought dozens of things from them and they test their stuff, always works fine).

On Aliexpress and Amazon there’s a major number of sales on IEM’s and ear buds. I’m branching out into those, and so many came up that I listed the resellers and brands with things at a good discount.
On Amazon:
Click “all discounts”
Maybe narrow down price range

hidizs earphones
Fanmusic earphone: I’ve had the Truthear Zero blue, red, and the Hexa. Blue for music and female vocals, Red for music and gaming since in game explosions finish clean, blue can be too much. Hexa is good, but a coin toss if it’s worth that much more money, not convinced. I’d wait for one and get another Seeaudio Yume used before another Hexa.
Basn in ear monitors
Linsoul earphones
Hifigo earphone
Shure wired earbuds
Sennheiser buds earphones: I have the IE600 and it’s spactacular, Momentum 2 and higher have the charger that stays charged more than 2-3 days unlike the original. Fakes abound with these, would buy from the Sennheiser store if possible.
Moondrop earphone
Seeaudio : I just got the Seeaudio Yume and it’s Harman 2020 tuning, I’d buy them again easily and use for a daily driver.
letshouer : I have the first S12 and really like it, the Pro is on sale but haven’t tried it yet.
TANCHJIM earphone : I have the Hanah 2021 and swear I would use them as daily drivers if they didn’t make you look like Liberace while wearing them, sound great.

KBear Qinglong? Yeah, that wasn’t great. But that is a “everything must go” kind of price LOL

Yes on that one, but they had discounts on the higher end ones as well. I’ll try anything out if there’s enough discount to break even on ebay when the sale ends.
I’m over closed back headphones compared to IEMs, use a pair of Truthear Zero blue for mobile use or when it’s noisy outside. The Red has less bass distortion but thinner upper mids, so female vocals border on shouty with those, but better for gaming. The blue ones work great on a phone for music, no amp needed.

1 Like

Hairdryers for sale:

1 Like

Ha just noticed these. Honestly they sound like a muddied mess. I’m glad I was able to sell mine and not loss that much. Even at this price I’d avoid them. If you want the sound of being in club drowned in bass while the vocals and everything else sound like your in the bathroom 500 ft from the sub with your ears plugged than by all means this is an amazing set.

1 Like

Thanks to never being able to make up my mind enough on the best combination of various items, I am greatly relieved to have accidentally missed all the 618 deals that were available. If I’m in a coma for 11.11 sales I should get away with a clean record this year!

4 Likes

Yep I’m going to return them without opening the box. The Amazon reviews aren’t always labelled so I thought some were talking them up, but there’s 4 other models in the listing. Just going to bail on them and not bother.

Any thoughts on the xDuoo XA-10 DAC/Amp | Audiophile | DACs | Amp Combo DACs | Drop sale? Is this something to jump on?

1 Like

I think that is a solid deal. Good measurements, powerful, can’t go wrong with it.

All Peachtree audio amps are on heavy discounts. The Nova 150 with 150W in 8ohms for 700 seems quite a good deal. I think it will last until the end of the month.

1 Like

Hart Cables has 12 percent off everything with coupon code
MIDYEARGEAR23

Apos has a ton of certified (with warranty) stuff with substantial discounts, too much to list.

Also Hifiman has some really good open box sales, but inventory varies depending on location

It’s the traditional Summer Sale from many Asian manufacturers, on Amazon they’re blowing out prices on many IEM’s. It’s the season they clear out current models if a new one is coming out for next seasons holiday rush.

3 Likes