šŸ”¶ The Mjƶlnir MKII

Donā€™t bother.

Itā€™s mostly a waste of money to buy expensive single DD. Some might disagree.

But there you have it.

I see, so itā€™s not worth its price then. Bummer I was hoping for a nice Blo03 upgrade.

1 Like

Sony N3 if you can get your hands on one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Splendid! Seems like they have the same graph, I might go for N3 then. I saw your review as well thanks @nymz this may be the way to go.

For some reason my ears are really itching for some midbass like Blon03

2 Likes

N3 is a great piece if you enjoy that tuning style!

Iā€™d advise you to use wide tips if you ever get it. My favourite pairing is Spring tips to kill some of that mid-bass bloat.

2 Likes

Seconding @nymz with the N3 rec and spring tips. N3 and EX800ST are easily my two favorite guilty pleasures of all the IEMs Iā€™ve heard. While their overall tuning and techs may not be comparable to todays releases at new price theyā€™re just so much fun to listen to. My rec would be hold out to find one at a good used price. I wonā€™t say Iā€™d have been disappointed by the N3 at new price. Heck Iā€™d have paid more I enjoy it so much. Just at a good used price itā€™ll soften the blow if itā€™s not your think.

3 Likes

Got it, surprisingly I still see them available from Sony Store HK. Seems like there are stocks still. I might check Carousell and see if anyone is selling secondhand.

1 Like

I got a couple of wide tips, so excited to try!

2 Likes

Other wide tips may work for you. The Spring Tips definitely stand separately though.I had tried at least 3 wides before caving in and buying them. Might have something to do with the other wides were more firm, to thick and stiffer silicon while the Spring Tips are by far the thinnest. They really do help with the bloat and to help open up some of the technicalities in the N3.

2 Likes

by that same logic anything above budget sets is a waste of money lol
I prefer the Mjolnir MK2 to some $500+ sets and even a $1000+ set so as always different ears and use cases = YMMV

If youā€™re just comparing the bass. I definitely like the Mjolnirā€™s bass better than the Blonā€™s. The mk2 has much higher quality, tighter and more textured bass.

I just A/Bā€™d 2 songs, smashing pumpkins Today and Migos Straightenin, and they both slam but I prefer the Mjolnir a lot more.

So to answer your question, it is an upgrade to the Blon. Is it the best upgrade though? I dno but I do enjoy listening to it a lot more.

2 Likes