The Prestigious JDS Labs Atom

Hope so. Super hard to tell.

I was being sarcastic

1 Like

Thought so!

Though you have to admit Wuzzapi, people have said sillier things on forums like this and meant it! :smile::smile:

It’s so hard to tell lol
There’s people out there that actually believe that all amps sound the same…

My bad. It was hard to tell.

Put a pile of schiit on my atom today:

One modi 3 handles the PC; I split the signal with amazonbasics rca splitter cables going to the atom and the sys, then sys to my vanatoo t0s so I can listen to the speakers without unplugging my headphones. Since the sys has two inputs, the input select effectively acts as a mute button; I just change it to the other input, which isn’t hooked up, and no sound comes through.

Since the knob I ordered for the atom a while back came in a two-pack, I decided to put the other knob on the sys. Very easy, just like the atom; pull the stock knob off, put the new one on, secure it with the set screw.

The other modi is used for my consoles; all those are plugged into my hdmi matrix, which has optical out. Optical goes to the second modi and output goes to my PC’s line in via rca to 3.5mm cable. That way I can get console audio and pc audio at the same time, at the best quality I can muster.

I’m not done with my pile of schiit just yet; I’ll be adding a loki to the stack pretty soon.

The stream deck mini I use for a bunch of things, but I set up an audio controls page for foobar. Works great.

Also, lightdims are awesome. I bought the silver ones to tone down the leds on the modis and they do the job nicely. They’re pretty close in color too; you have to be real close to notice them.

I’m set on audio gear for a good while now. I have everything as I wanted and sounding great.

3 Likes

From the manual:

To ensure an optimal noise floor,
always position headphone amplifiers as
far away as possible from wireless devices.

I see they include this remark for their more expensive models as well, but I have to wonder… with that plastic housing… if it isn’t suddenly much more relevant here.

Has anyone heard any problems using the Atom too close to some phone or Bluetooth device or anything?

Mine is near my wifi router, phone, cca and no issues with noise or interference. Probably just a typical precaution to cover the bases.

3 Likes

does JDSL have a DAC they hope you pair to the Atom…like they do the EL DAC and EL Amp?

At this time they do not.

They told me way back at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest last year that they were planning on releasing a matching DAC.

2 Likes

that’s cool. the OCD in me demands continuity :wink:

Nothing wrong with that!

The topping D50 looks a lot like an Atom, too, and stacks nicely.

I’d wait for the new, improved D50s to come out first though.

1 Like

Atom Amp + Nuclear DAC FTW. The world-ending solution. :slight_smile:

i am usind the TEAC UD-301, and planning to pair with atom, for audeze 2c or maybe the HD650, still waiting and hesitating

Audeze LCD2C’s! that is a non-question…the HD650’s will not hold a candle to them.

too bad atom is too expensive to import :sleepy:

have you checked out Aliexpress for the Atom?

there isnt one, at least on the one im visiting