The Prestigious JDS Labs Atom

They told me way back at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest last year that they were planning on releasing a matching DAC.

2 Likes

that’s cool. the OCD in me demands continuity :wink:

Nothing wrong with that!

The topping D50 looks a lot like an Atom, too, and stacks nicely.

I’d wait for the new, improved D50s to come out first though.

1 Like

Atom Amp + Nuclear DAC FTW. The world-ending solution. :slight_smile:

i am usind the TEAC UD-301, and planning to pair with atom, for audeze 2c or maybe the HD650, still waiting and hesitating

Audeze LCD2C’s! that is a non-question…the HD650’s will not hold a candle to them.

too bad atom is too expensive to import :sleepy:

have you checked out Aliexpress for the Atom?

there isnt one, at least on the one im visiting

alas, you are right. I guess that’s because of their ‘built in America’ status. perhaps you can work around with someone to buy it for you and send it over as a ‘gift’ and avoid the whole tarrif/VAT garbage? I do that a lot with friends out of the US, since I’m in Canada and deal with that crap too. :stuck_out_tongue:

too bad i only have forum friends and no IRL ones haha

well…take a leap of faith. :slight_smile:

I’d be happy to help, but you’d have to wire me the funds to pay in CAD. but I’m here if you like. :slight_smile:

i will think about it, thanks for d offer

postage will definitely hurt though

well, let’s see if someone on here withe the Atom can give us the dimensions of the box it came in, and then I can calculate how much freight would be to you. :slight_smile:

8" x 6" x 4" (L x W x H) box. Amp and power brick.

Noob, need your postal code and country. not sure if you can send PM’s, but if you can, do so :slight_smile:

How’s it going everybody. I bought this amp for my work set up. I have the JOT and THX 788 at home but I wanted to get something small for the P1s at work. I’m wondering, however, can I hook this Atom up with my phone as a source. I got some RCA to 3.5 cables but I feel like because of the dongle, I’m losing fidelity and the sound won’t come through as strong as it should. Does anybody have any insight on using iPhones as a source to AMPs?

It can be done. Not sure how good of a DAC the iPhone has, though.