The Sendy Aivas are fantastic!

I just got these yesterday and I am floored. these headphones are exactly what I’ve been looking for the last year. I’ve been going from headphone to headphone and none of them have been quite right. What I love about these headphones so much is they’re forward. one thing that always bugged me about the headphones that I was listening to is that everything sounds too far away. which is especially hard on recordings like Simple Minds “New Gold Dream” album and a lot of New Wave which already have a lot of echo and reverb.

What I love about these headphones is they bring these recordings forward and eliminate that unwanted space. it also brings wonderful detail and I’m hearing things in my music that I didn’t hear before and I’m so grateful for that. the only problem is they’re a little too bright witch gives a little sibilance, but it’s a small amount.

Are there any other headphones like these out there with the same sound signature? I would love to know about them. Anyway I like to say thanks guys for all your help without which i probably would not have found these headphones.

3 Likes

are you describing the sound or the vocalist as forward? and by forward, do you mean it feels like you’re front row and center at concert?

1 Like

I mean if you want a brighter more detailed sound signature the hd800s might be what you are looking for. The 800 soundstage is huge, so not quite as intimate, but both are detailed with good high end.

Perhaps the focal elex? That would be more neutral but definitely clear and close soundstage compared to the aforementioned headphones

Actually the ether c flow might be something to look at if you want detail shoved in your face. Perhaps the audeze LCD 3 maybe as well

1 Like

ummm, i mean the sound is foward. i dont like the space that some headphones have like the hifiman Sundaras

I want more that foward quality that the Sendy Aivas have. the treble is a little too much. although i dont like dark headphones.

Doesnt soundstage mean the music will sound farther away?

The ether c flow 1.1 or ether cx is good for that then. Kinda pushes everything forward. The elex is good as well, but slightly further out then the sendy

You may also want to explore some iems if you like this type of sound. Iems are good for this type of signature

what about the Senn HD58x, they don’t have a wide soundstage?

He was looking for clarity as well, and tbh, the sendy has more detail and clarity then the 58x. It’s not really super similar to the sendy

1 Like

Soundstage can also be accurate representation of space, and some headphones can actually push vocals or certain aspects close and forward, and have the other instruments sound further out of your head. It can mean sounding far away with some headphones, but with others it can mean more accurate representation of the recording

2 Likes

ugh…what it means is you need to have a big collection of headphones that specialize for the different types of soundstage and imaging the music benefits from. open and spacious and reclined like classical…or closed in and forward like at a small prevue. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps, if you feel the need for that. Some people I know prefer one sort of soundstage and just use it for all music and have no issues. It just comes down to the person. If they dislike a farther away sound, then there is no reason for them to get something like that I guess

that’s true, but I would assume that depending on the track, it would respond differently…but you seem to infer that if a headphone is wide and forward, all music played should likewise be wide and forward?

1 Like

I was just saying that some people prefer a certain signature that isn’t dependant on the genre of music, like if someone loved treble and listened to classical, rap, and jazz, and would want the treble boosted all the time. Or if someone really loved that out of head feeling with wider headphones and wanted that all the time.

But yes it would respond differently with different music. Soundstage can be very complicated to explain sometimes, and can change depending on what you are doing.

2 Likes

audio…it can be so subjective! LoL!

1 Like

I find comparing headphones and an IEM to a concert or a concert hall is a bad way to approach things as heasphones and iems will never match that level of soundstage an imaging unless we develop virtual suround that well. headphones are so much more in your head sound wise than something like speaker regardless of how wide the soundstage sounds due to pure proximity to your ears.

then why do we have terms like soundstage and imaging? because that’s what they’re trying for, even if they won’t achieve the same level as being there in person, that’s what they’re trying for.

It still exists, but unfortunately I haven’t heard anything that can actually compare to speakers in sound stage regards besides the ultra high end, and even then, you can’t overcome physics. But the fact that headphones don’t sound like speakers isn’t necessarily a bad thing

indeed…a new dimension and set of characteristics to enjoy music with! :smiley:

Exactly. I use headphones when I want to be alone and just pay attention to the music and catch the most detail.

Or just blast my eardrums without bothering the rest of the house