The "Too good for the price" list

Yes, I just assumed it was already there lol. But I don’t personally think any of these are too good for the price, I just think they set the bar for the price

3 Likes

T50RPs couls be there, but they need mods… and an amp. He4xxs could be there too, but, sibilance? DT880s are 200$-ish and need an amp… but this list has no inexpensive closed-back headphones :thinking: (except a cheap gaming headset and the weird nighthawks)

Nearly 2000 request for another 177x Go on “Drop”, by the way!

The Blon bl03 for 25 bucks should be in the list for sure. No other item offers what these offer for that price, hyped or not.

Sony MH755 lol, pretty damn good

Haven’t tried it…

MH755 appears more neutral too.
Panasonic HJE 120 or HJE 125s might be easier to find.
If you want “air” (something above 10khz) go for KZ, though. ZS10 Pros especially. Air as in, you press “play” and they “disappear”.

More infos here :stuck_out_tongue:

Added. :no_mouth:

Also I apparently totally forgot about… well, a really niche category, Dac + Amp + Speaker amp (as in, the “original” speaker wires, not RCA/XLR).

SMSL AD18, Topping DX3?

I honestly don’t believe they’re “too good for the price”, though. Excellent for convenience, but measurements are “meh”. I definitely don’t regret buying a Denon AVR-1312 for 100$ on eBay instead of a brand new SMSL AD18 or something similar. For higher quality there’s TEAC, but the 301 is 400$… And… we’re talking about AVRs now. Shrugs.

Edit: Oh, there’s also tube amps. Tube amps (Dac/amp/speaker amps), but also… “Too good for the price” tube amps? The little bear B4?

Topping pa3 and Denon pma600ne

…and there are zero pure speaker amps too in this list, yup. Lol.
Added the PA3 for now.

By the way @M0N you mentioned the Asgard 3, probably for powah, but it’s 3.5 watts and I just added the Heresy… 2.5 watts 119dB SINAD for 100$.

Probably the main reason why you mentioned the Denon pma600ne too.

I’m going off of sound quality here, the Asgard 3 is a step above the heresy imo

The denon is just a feature packed integrated that sounds really good for the price, highly recommend

1 Like

I really love my massdrop Cavali Liquid Carbon X. I got it on sale for $220 and I can’t believe the sound that comes out of it.

Yeah it’s a nice amp, especially for the reduced price it was selling at.
I’m a fan of the Cavali sound, I think the Liquid Spark is the best of the $100 amps, I own a CTH and a Liquid Platinum. I’ll probably pick up a Liquid Gold X when monoprice finally ships it.

It’ll be interesting to see if the Liquid Platinum, or Liquid Spark DAC’s are any good as well

1 Like

Yeah the Cavali sound it so nice. Something about it I can’t quite put to words. Its immediacy something about the delivery of the sound

You should include the Sivga p2. at 400$ and sounds just like the Aiva’s?

1 Like

https://www.musicgoround.com/product/minnetonka-mn/41113-S000020384/Used-SPL-Phonitor-X-Preamp-Mic-Amp?gclid=Cj0KCQiAsvTxBRDkARIsAH4W_j_GAhQpQIJPSKo7xKlb6_1eyL6tgppE7vUBCBOvlbIaQg0XMLWJ3RsaAj86EALw_wcB

So @Antpage2 asked if I could find a Cheap Phonitor, and while a bit weird with the label, check it out, 1200 for a Phonitor X and I think it has the DAC installed. Kinda Sketchy but if it’s legit, may be one hell of a grab.

1 Like

how good is the Tin T2’s cable… evil cat means i have significant problems with cables… but i dont wanna waste my V35’s high quality DAC/AMP (even if i dont even notice the difference compared to bluetooth)

It’s on the thin side but really good imo. Doesn’t tangle too much and looks nice. Some people like the T3’s cable more which I haven’t used but I’m not thinking of buying a replacement cable anytime soon.

k

i dunno if id head a difference though (from bluetooth earbuds to 20 dollar IEMs to M50s after the honeymoon phase of just hearing them for the first time there isn’t much a difference to me)