The Truthear Hexa an okay hybrid

Truthear Hexa
I’ve had the Hexa for about a week and just did my review of it.
It’s not a bad IEM, but it’s far from amazing.
It’s a little thin and I find it a little fatiguing after a while sometimes, unless I EQ it.
I don’t feel it’s very warm, but has some okay details and separation for the price.

3 Likes

Kind of in the same boat. I enjoy the vocal presentation and the sub bass but on some tracks, the lack of lowers mids and upper bass just kind of makes it sound thin. Was there another set that you liked much better? Maybe I’ll return these and get that. If these had a bit more body, they could definitely be very good

1 Like

Around the same price, try the Fiio JD7. If that neutral type of tuning on Hexa doesn’t work for you, the JD7 should be a better fit.

1 Like

Kiiboom Allure, I’ve had them a few days, and they’re only a single DD, more detailed and wider sound stage, tonality is near perfect for me. I’ll rec them over the Hexa and the Wan’er any day. And I have all 3.

@Audio_Reviews_Downun @GooberBM seems I’m already on the right page since I picked up the FD5 with it recently, haha

1 Like

I just tried the Hexa and it was not at all to my liking. Listening to a YouTube video, male voices sounded honky and sibilant, and there was so much treble that it accentuated hiss and background noise. Listening to Freddie Hubbard’s Red Clay, the trumpet sounded muffled.

All the “pro” reviews I’d seen suggested that the Hexa is neutral, natural and generally well tuned, if a little bit boring or dull. I can agree with the boring part, but not the rest.

2 Likes

Well, I need to at least partially eat my words here. I had been trying the Hexa straight from my phone using YouTube Music. On a lark, I tried it on my Tempotec V6 DAP using my FLAC CD rips and it sounds miles better. So I guess this thing is source picky?

2 Likes

Maybe try a higher quality streaming service like Tidal… I don’t find the Hexa sibilant at all, actually it’s pretty detailed and almost neutral, with a bit of extra treble presence, but I think they’re pretty clean… Maybe try some different tips, like the Kbear 07 large tips, or large Spinfit cp145, I’ve found them both to be pretty good with most IEM’s…

1 Like

This was my observation with both the Hexa and The Galileo. I totally agree with the original assessment, they are both okay, but not great. When I was solid details, they are both a good pick.

The 7Hz Sonus seems like a similar tuning, but with an earlier pinna, and some extra treble extension. I still haven’t heard it, but it seems like the bargain of the affordable hybrids.

Don’t disagree at all with some of the opinions shared. That’s until listened to them on the Hugo 2, its synergy with it blew my mind the first time I heard it. Similar effect with the moondrop venus. The Hugo 2 does not have the same effect with all of the iems and headphones I own… is just these particular two that makes the listening experience pretty outstanding ( more detail/fuller midrange/larger stage). I wonder how the Amp is doing this with the iem… They are staying around for now.

Curious to see if the Nova has the same synergy.

1 Like

Wrong thread see top 5 thread.

2 Likes