Theory and Application Elektroakustik

Not heard of this company before but their Solitaire P is up there with the big :dollar: boys…

I was going to buy this one, although after hearing what a friend had to say after demoing, I decided not to lol. Apparently not up to snuff for the price, although a higher end darker planar besides audeze is interesting

I’ve always liked T+A source gear and their speakers are solid, mainly a 2ch company, but I would like to see how they continue to develop for headphones

1 Like

@M0N Hey M0N, any chance you have heard the Solitaire P oder P-SE in the meantime? I´m still stuck on my T1.2 and Edition XS, but the itch to buy something new comes through now. I went to my local hifi shop and had the chance to demo some headphones. Empyrean One ( i considered this one used), CLear MG, Solitaire P, Celestee, HD800S, HD820, Meze Lyric…all on the Sennheiser HDV820 amp paired with T+A Caruso System.
The HD800S is nice, but not so far off my T1 to justify the price. And im more on the search for headphone with great bass and it should probably be planar.
The only headphone that really kicked me, was the T+A Solitaire P. I couldn´t stop smiling. The bass performance was so great. I haven´t really heard other TOTL headphones, only the empyrean. Since the Solitaire P is far out of reach, i searched and found that there is the P-SE version. From what i´ve read, it has a bit less bass, bit more lively in the top end, more stage. Since im in germany and this is a german company, i think the chances of buying one used are not that bad if i have time for it. Right now there is one up for 1900€. Its far away from my place and i didn´t had the chance to listen to this version because they had sold the one they had. If you have heard it, do you have any thoughts on it? Your thoughts are always appreciated!