đŸ”¶ Thieaudio Legacy 5

No. I believe both the Mangird and Thieaudio are both Linsoul brands from what I’ve discussed with Dùng from Linsoul. The Mangird and the L5 are very similar sounding IEMs. The L5 is 50 dollars less expensive than the Mangird Tea. The Mangird Tea has a little more sub bass emphasis and the L5 is a little bit brighter. Both have a very similar frequency response.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, these some chonky bois, bigger than l3 by maybe 20% but doesn’t actually impact comfort negatively. It just sticks out of the ear a tad bit more.

Great sound, tastefully warm. Need more listening time though. It took me a while to find tips I liked too. Didn’t like the spinfits included.

5 Likes

Just wrote my thoughts on these! To be honest, it was a pair that took me a while to fall in love with. But I really do enjoy them and they sound lovely in their own unique way :innocent:

What colour option is that its so beautiful?

1 Like

It’s red. The angle in the pic doesn’t actually show much red, but it’s because there’s red and purple paint in the faceplate pattern. I’m sure you can’t go wrong either way!

1 Like

I have the blue and they’re really iridescent. So one camera shot doesnt really do them justice. They look very different in pattern and in color depending on the angle and light. But they look best in direct light, otherwise it’s very subtle, and they look more black than anything.

1 Like

For sure, appreciate it man.

1 Like

Has anyone used the legacy 5 for live performance yet? I just purchased it and was wondering if it would be decent for use in live worship?

Just recently got the L5 and I like them a lot! I found a killer deal on the Mangird tea’s and I’m really tempted to compare them. I do miss some of the bass on the L3 but everything else seems to be better on the L5.

As someone who owns both the L5 and Tea, it’s not worth owning them both IMO. They’re very similar in sound, technicalities and fit/build. Both are great, just very similar.

1 Like

I listen to mostly modern genres like edm, indie, hip hop, pop and rnb. Would you prefer one over the other for these?

I’d honestly say that they’re pretty even for those genres, but if I absolutely had to choose, it’d be the Legacy 5. I’d be more likely to reach for something like the Fiio FH3 or Shuoer Tape Pro for those genres, although neither the Legacy 5 or the Tea are slouches.
You may want to wait for more word on the Legacy 4 as well, as that looks like it could be a killer set, too.

1 Like

But is it as good as or better than Andromedas?

The Andromeda destroyer

Did anyone get the L5 with the EST cable? Is it worth the upgrade over the stock one?

To me, yes it is. I have an EST cable on almost all the 2 pins IEMs I own. The stock cable is not anything special. The Legacy 4 has a much nicer stock cable.

Got these in a day ago and finally have some thoughts. I’m a novice in the IEM world compared to headphones so take my impressions accordingly. Listening on a BTR3K balanced with Spinfit small tips I enjoy these quite a lot! It’s definitely a V signature but the mids still have decent texture, this is particularly noticeable on vocals and toms. Spacial presentation is fun, there’s a lot of room for instruments to slot in to the soundspace and movement is exquisite!

Bass is strong but not overly exaggerated, much less exaggerated than my Blon A8s. Plenty of thump and pressure. I was also surprised by the amount of clarity these have, I’m hearing things I didn’t hear before, as cliche as that sounds, such as additional noises at the beginning of Massive Attacks Risingson. Looking forward to digging into these more over the weekend.

The EST cable is disappointing in my opinion. Nothing wrong with it sonically just the material quality doesn’t feel worth $50 in hand. Did not enjoy these very much powered off my Asgard 3, that thing just makes IEMs sound so grating.

3 Likes

are yours defective or tuned differently because legacy 5s definitely don’t measure as v-shaped

I’d say that they’re more warm-neutral (with rolled treble and a bass boost), but from memory I could see these feeling like a mild-V especially at higher volumes. (Mind you my memory is from over a year ago, so not the most reliable lol)

2 Likes

This is a good summary. I oversimplified with V shape. Definitely boosted bass and low mids with rolled highs.