Thieaudio Legacy 9

Oh and for what it’s worth, I’d be pairing whatever I get with a Fiio BTR3k…still waiting for it to arrive, but I’m pretty stoked to get that kinda a SQ boost while on the go haha.

1 Like

Hi @beanGreen8! I never find my S8Fs fatiguing. I must say this though… I spent most of the Holiday weekend with my iems in hiking, playing disc golf, and just laying around. Saturday and Sunday I used my S8Fs only listening to everything from Sarah Jaroz to Tool (hi Res), SOAD, and other random rock. Monday I used the Legacy 9s and purposely listened to much of the same music. While I love the S8Fs and never find them “too much detail”, the bass impact and “just enough detail” from the Legacy 9s really put a smile on my face. In fact, I found myself wishing I’d used the L9s more of the weekend. The more I use them the more I want to use them. Again, the S8Fs will always be special to me, the bass impact and detail that is present in the L9s has me thinking I’ll be using them more and more.

Corwin

4 Likes

How much more detail do the S8Fs have over the L9s? I have the L9s and love them to bits and prefer them over my Fiio FH7, ISN H40, and Etymotic ER4XR. I’ve never had the opportunity to listen to iems that are classified as detail monsters and am finding myself trying to justify another iem purchase for the detail monster experience…

ETA: No regrets with owning Fiio FH7, ISN H40, and Etymotic ER4XR.

2 Likes

ok good to know! I guess i’ll still have to do some thinking since it sounds like you’d recommend them both really highly! haha

1 Like

Hi @sassimac. I used the L9s all weekend again and did not feel as though I was missing much in detail. With that said, I was listening to older rock that does not sound so good on the SF8s due to the compression, etc. (SOAD, Bon Scott era AC/DC, Incubus, old Metallica, etc.). While the S8F has more detail and is more “balanced” sounding to me, the level of detail and wonderful bass of L9s just sounds better with this music (to me). I really only desire using the S8F when at home relaxing and listening to well recorded music (classical, vocal, etc) because I can focus and really enjoy the higher level of detail. Does that make sense? Yes, S8F has a little more detail across the board, but the L9s remind me that most times I am using iems I am not critical listening… Just having fun. Hope this helps.

Corwin

4 Likes